Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Brick and Mortar (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Commerce disturbance Friday night (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=340123)

ShawnHoo 09-19-2005 04:16 PM

Commerce disturbance Friday night

Friday night at Commerce. Lots of action and general gambling craziness, with my table laughing and chatting it up. It's nice to play poker with folks who act like gentlemen, win or lose.

I'm on the phone when I hear a disturbance at the table immediately in front of mine. A man who's about 35 years-old or so is sitting at the table with his face turning dark. His eyes are shut and he does not appear to be breathing. His friend/girlfriend is frantically holding him and yelling for help.

All eyes in the room are on their table. Security starts to come over and some players and floormen yell at the rapidly assembling group of lookie-loos to give the man space.

Just then, one of the other players (a regular) at that table raises and starts yelling at the dealer to muck the man's hand and continue dealing. He persists in his Chihuahua-like yapping for about ten seconds before the dealer pushes all the chips back to the players and tells everyone to rack up.

Security lays the man out on the ground and attempts to revive him while the paramedics are en route. Fortunately, he ends up back on his feet within 20 minutes.

cbfair 09-19-2005 04:36 PM

Re: Commerce disturbance Friday night

[ QUOTE ]

Just then, one of the other players (a regular) at that table raises and starts yelling at the dealer to muck the man's hand and continue dealing.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the worst sort of human.

PokerCad 09-19-2005 05:06 PM

I agree, truly an A-Hole

canis582 09-19-2005 05:09 PM

That guy is a great capitalist.

Who cares about the human cost? I have a flush draw.

SirFelixCat 09-19-2005 05:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Just then, one of the other players (a regular) at that table raises and starts yelling at the dealer to muck the man's hand and continue dealing.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the worst sort of human.

[/ QUOTE ]

BottlesOf 09-19-2005 05:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
st then, one of the other players (a regular) at that table raises and starts yelling at the dealer to muck the man's hand and continue dealing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh man, I kind of wish I were there. I would have gone off on that guy in a way I very rarely do.

09-19-2005 07:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]

...the dealer pushes all the chips back to the players and tells everyone to rack up.

[/ QUOTE ]

This guy deserves an "Attaboy" from Commerce. Cool and smart in the face of crisis compounded by stupidity.

Boris 09-19-2005 08:08 PM

Awesome degenerate gambler story.

IgorSmiles 09-19-2005 08:25 PM

Raked game, or are they paying time?

lapoker17 09-19-2005 08:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Commerce

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
It's nice to play poker with folks who act like gentlemen, win or lose.

[/ QUOTE ]

I call BS on the entire post.

Klepton 09-19-2005 09:04 PM

this guy wins the degenerate race.

mikeyworm 09-19-2005 11:33 PM

i was there. the whole night sucked. it was sad to watch that guy walk out of the room with a look of absolute horror on his face.

Yeknom58 09-20-2005 02:48 AM

This world is really going to hell. Very depressing post.

Rick Nebiolo 09-20-2005 03:04 AM

About fifteen years ago I was playing mid-limit holdem in a Gardena club and just outside the top section (which was surrounded by a short wall) a guy has a serious heart attack while playing one of the smaller games.

The club staff lays out the poor guy on the floor about eight feet from the table and within a minute the paramedics are there right away doing all the things they do well. Meanwhile the game continues on like nothing happened. After about five minutes the guy is carried out on a stretcher. Now one of the players is upset that the floor is taking so long to pick up the players chips - he actually said: "bring us a live one" although my understanding is that this sort of thing has been said before so he wasn't being original.

Later I heard the guy died. This is the life I chose and I was sick about it for the first time.

~ Rick

shant 09-20-2005 05:00 AM

I'm really not surprised, it's Commerce.

ThaHero 09-20-2005 05:01 AM

These are some horrible stories...I don't even want to poke fun. I was pissed about the Party crash just now but server failure at the table is a lot better than heart failure.

jason_t 09-20-2005 06:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm really not surprised, it's humanity.

[/ QUOTE ]

ChicagoTroy 09-20-2005 02:20 PM

I just saw this post. Jesus.

I'm pretty laid back about people being assholes, but NFW could I have let that stand. Two guys are going to the hospital unless the unconcious one is OK to stay.

Matt Flynn 09-20-2005 07:20 PM

What's also frightening is none of the doctors there helped. Hell of a thing to die because no one cleared your airway.

ChipWrecked 09-21-2005 07:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ha!

ShadowBJ21 09-21-2005 09:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's exactly the reason I dislike the Commerce so much. I play to win money and the Commerce is a big pool of california fish but I like to enjoy the game too.
If the fun of playing poker isn't a part of it than I can find several other methods to earn money. And playing the Commerce is no fun to me.

Shadow

danzasmack 09-21-2005 09:46 AM

good section in barry g's book with several stories very similar to this one.

Brock Landers 09-21-2005 01:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's exactly the reason I dislike the Commerce so much. I play to win money and the Commerce is a big pool of california fish but I like to enjoy the game too.
If the fun of playing poker isn't a part of it than I can find several other methods to earn money. And playing the Commerce is no fun to me.

Shadow

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. That's why 9 out of every 10 times I go to a SoCal B&M it's to the Bicycle Club. Not exactly a love fest, but way better than Commerce.

lastsamurai 09-21-2005 03:33 PM

that's the one thing i hate about playing at CC or the bike...alot of dirtbags play there who cant take a joke...Thank god for the internet!

jat850 09-22-2005 03:53 PM

Typical Commerce. I was at a HS football game or I woulda been there as well. One day, a guy got bumped behind me and spilled fresh hot coffee all down my back. Did any Commerce staff help? See above! Nah! After cleaning up, getting some ice and having them take pictures of my burned back in case I choose to file a claim I was told I had to post when I returned because I "voluntarily" left the table. Well, I voluntarily went off on the floorman asking if I voluntarily asked to have hot coffee poured down my back. I played the Bike for the next 90 days but the fishing remains too good at Commerce to stay away forever. You could die there and they would keep playing and walk over and around the body.

Josh W 09-22-2005 08:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Neither. At Commerce, you are serving time, not paying time.