Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Any way to make Party work with Firefox? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=407567)

KneeCo 12-30-2005 02:24 AM

Any way to make Party work with Firefox?

I just don't trust IE.

Any way to make Party go to a different browser when I click "my account" or one of the ads or whatnot.

Schwartzy61 12-30-2005 02:36 AM

Re: Any way to make Party work with Firefox?

You could always get to My Account by opening Firefox and navigating your way to partypoker.com...

CrazyEyez 12-30-2005 02:44 AM

link

jba 12-30-2005 02:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
link

[/ QUOTE ]
link
link
link
link
link
link
link
link
link
link
link
link
link
link
link
link
link
link
link
link
link
link
link
link
link
link
link

CORed 12-30-2005 03:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
link

[/ QUOTE ]

That site has it all wrong. You need a tinfoil hat. Tin, not aluminum. Aluminum foil actually amplifies mind control signals. Tin stops them cold.

Lloyd 12-30-2005 03:21 AM

I haven't found a way. FF is my default browser but Party still opens up IE.

theRealMacoy 12-30-2005 08:35 AM

i get the exact same thing....even though firefox is my default browser.

i can go to partypoker.com and login using firefox but when i click "my account" from the lobby it opens with IE.

anyone know if you can change this?

cheers,
sean

Schwartzy61 12-30-2005 09:06 AM

I think I read somewhere that it is hard coded into Party that way. Something about the design of their software that just automatically uses IE. I guess you could appeal to Dikshit to change the software? Outside of that I'm pretty sure it's a lost cause.

itsmarty 12-30-2005 10:09 AM

There are two main ways to call a browser from a program: give me the default browser or give me [name of browser].

Since Party doesn't require any IE-only features (and in fact has worked better on Firefox than IE with the scratch card promotion), which method do you think they used? [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

An update to Party's client is your only hope.

Martin

Fishwhenican 12-30-2005 11:29 AM

I agree that this is a complete PITA!
I just copy the url when IE opens, paste it into Firefox and close IE.
Takes a couple of seconds but still works.
It would be nice if it would just use the default browser though!

Adde 12-30-2005 03:49 PM

Since Party doesn't require any IE-only features...

Ok, I know you didn't mean this, but anyway...

I'm quite certain they use the Internet Explorer Control in their software (for HTML content, like the exit popup and the headlines in the lobby), so given that IE is needed to run Party, I guess they just chose to hard code it to use IE when opening URL:s.

Adde

Adde 12-30-2005 03:52 PM

I just copy the url when IE opens, paste it into Firefox and close IE.

If I'm not mistaken, there should be a IE extension where you could choose what URL:s should open in Firefox instead. There's a similar one for Firefox (IE View), and I think I found out about the IE extension there somewhere. Google and pray!

Adde

BigBrother 12-30-2005 04:03 PM

Doesn't answer your question, but I USED TO be able to just do everything in FF. I have PP MyAccount bookmarked and just used FF for all account activity.

Since last week (actually it coincided with the beginning of the scratchcard promotion), I can no longer access cashouts or deposits from FF. The links have just vanished from the MyAccount page.

As far as your question, I'm pretty sure that as others have mentioned it's hard-coded into the PP client and there is nothing you can do besides avoiding clicking on the buttons that fire up IE. I have similar issues with other online sites.

12-30-2005 04:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Since last week (actually it coincided with the beginning of the scratchcard promotion), I can no longer access cashouts or deposits from FF. The links have just vanished from the MyAccount page.

[/ QUOTE ]

This disappeared from IE as well. You have to access those through the client software (lobby --> cashier) now.