Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Multi-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   um, QQ fold preflop? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=406697)

woodguy 12-28-2005 10:49 PM

Re: um, QQ fold preflop?

[ QUOTE ]
Think about your reraise here if you held AA.

[/ QUOTE ]

It certainly wouldn't be to 60% of the starting stack almost guaranteeing no action (unless someone has QQ [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img])

If I had AA in the SB, I'd probably make it 250ish to go, not 600..

Regards,
Woodguy

12-28-2005 11:03 PM

SB made it 400, no? You're right in that I would also bump it to about 250ish, but I can't really criticize someone for bumping it to 400 here either. After all, you know one of these donks will probably call (with QQ). ;-)

REL18 12-28-2005 11:21 PM

I push this so hard my wrist snaps on the way in from the speed of my push hes gonna show u jj or tt gl

willie 12-28-2005 11:34 PM

thanks for the replies

i've been on an awesome run so i was doubting myself after pushing and having AA turned up on me.

meh, decked.

woodguy 12-28-2005 11:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]

SB made it 400, no? You're right in that I would also bump it to about 250ish, but I can't really criticize someone for bumping it to 400 here either. After all, you know one of these donks will probably call (with QQ). ;-)

[/ QUOTE ]

For some reason I had it in my head that he raised to 600. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

It may be an inexperienced player with AA, but my range still stands making it a very quick push.

First level of a Super plays very donkish, and its best to get those easy chips before anyone else.

If he has me beat, he has me beat, I've seen far too many hands I dominate make this bet to think of laying this down.

Regards,
Woodguy

davidross 12-29-2005 01:51 AM

I fold here almost everytime. I call a push, but it'salmost always AA or KK going part way here. It's not a bunch of limpers being raised, it'san utg raise and a bunch of callers. I'd be shocked if a bluffer or AK didn't push here.

If I'm wrong I'm out 60 chips at a table with a bunch of players willing to mix it up and I like my chances of getting the chips anyway.

FishInAPhoneBooth 12-29-2005 03:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I fold here almost everytime. I call a push, but it'salmost always AA or KK going part way here. It's not a bunch of limpers being raised, it'san utg raise and a bunch of callers. I'd be shocked if a bluffer or AK didn't push here.

If I'm wrong I'm out 60 chips at a table with a bunch of players willing to mix it up and I like my chances of getting the chips anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am slightly confused by your reasoning. Is the issue you think this edge is to small to be pushed or do you feel you have no edge because of the action?

12-29-2005 03:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
sorry, trying to wrap my head around this hand

bout the 4th hand of the tourney (super tuesday)

utg, QQ

raise to 60 (i know, shoulda been a lil more)

call (mp)
call (CO)
call (button)

sb makes it 400

bb folds

let's poll it

[/ QUOTE ]

was in similar situation the other day, almost folded QQ (this was a $11 buyin). UTG raised to 4 BB's, MP1 pushes allin and i'm in SB with QQ. Thought for about 30 seconds about folding, then i called and UTG called. I tripled up against 77 and 99.

12-29-2005 03:33 PM

wait, you'd be SHOCKED if AK didn't push for like 8x the pot instead of a reraise?

Art Vandelay 12-29-2005 03:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
sorry, trying to wrap my head around this hand

bout the 4th hand of the tourney (super tuesday)

utg, QQ

raise to 60 (i know, shoulda been a lil more)

call (mp)
call (CO)
call (button)

sb makes it 400

bb folds

let's poll it

[/ QUOTE ]

was in similar situation the other day, almost folded QQ (this was a $11 buyin). UTG raised to 4 BB's, MP1 pushes allin and i'm in SB with QQ. Thought for about 30 seconds about folding, then i called and UTG called. I tripled up against 77 and 99.

[/ QUOTE ]

I personally think this is more likely scenario in the early stages than the one that OP ran into.

Push it.