Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro-Limits (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Happy Birthday Shillx (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=387440)

bottomset 11-29-2005 05:04 AM

Happy Birthday Shillx

it was early May, I was in the middle of a 200BB downswing at 1/2(a fair amount was bad play) and I don't remember exactly how we decided to play HU, but we played a 25BB freezeout on stars .02/.04

Shillx was nice enough to show his hands and throughly stomped me, we played 3more matches over the next couple days, with me winning all3, it was an instant boost of confidence, and a great learning experience, speeding up my moving up limits

So out of appreciation for you contributions to micros, and making me a better player, I'm transferring $50 over to your stars account, I would like to see you play in the 4KoTKP tourneys but you can do what you like with the money, if that doesn't interest you

Happy Birthday, and Thanks again
Josh

11-29-2005 05:16 AM

Re: Happy Birthday Shillx

I've only been on the boards for a relatively short period of time but I wouldn't be the player I am now if it wasn't for Shillx and his posts.

Compliment or not, I'll let you be the judge.

Cheers Shill, Happy Birthday.

crovax4444 11-29-2005 05:29 AM

one n00b giving his salute to Shillix. Your contributions here have been awsome. Happy Birthday.

Crovax

detruncate 11-29-2005 05:50 AM

365 more death free days. Way to keep that hot streak going. Happy Bday Brad. Hope the hangover isn't too bad.

jaxUp 11-29-2005 09:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
it was early May, and I issued a HU challenge, which shill took me up on, and we played a 25BB freezeout on stars .02/.04

Shillx was nice enough to show his hands and throughly stomped me, we played about 10-15 more matches over the next couple weeks, with me winning less than 3, it was an instant slap in the face that inspired me to get better, and a great learning experience, speeding up my moving up limits.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP to reflect my scenario. Shillx is the man. If not for him, I think I would have had a much harder time when I started out. I admire his willingness to explain n00bish concepts over and over again (as he did with me), always delivering sound advice. This is one poster who you can count on to be on the money.

Enjoy your birthday beers bro.

Shillx 11-29-2005 10:20 PM

Hey thanks guys. It has been a pleasure to share advice about poker and life with you all. Bset it was great to meet you in Vegas as well. I wish the best for you all though I don't know how much I will be posting in the future. Thought I have been going a different dircetion (NL SNGs) I still like to keep in touch with the people that will crush the LHE games to come. May you all run well and good luck.

Brad

Tnx for teh happy B day. I appreciate it.

TomBrooks 11-29-2005 10:58 PM

Happy Birthday to Shillx.

And cheers to all and to bottomset for noting it and making such a nice gift.

istewart 11-29-2005 10:59 PM

Happy Birthday man. You looked a bit like a linebacker in the Vegas dinner photo; I had imagined you to be more of a neo-Nazi skinny guy [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Redd 11-29-2005 11:03 PM

Happy birthday to a guy who's one of my all-time favorite 2+2 posters. So how do you pronounce 'Shillx', anyways?

Shillx 11-30-2005 12:27 AM

The correct way to say Shillx is Brad. [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

Best of luck fellas.

Edit - I don't look like a linebacker. I used to look like Emilio Estevez (spelling) though now I am my own Entity [img]/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img].