Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Rake Back (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   Pokershare Just took a major Dump (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=369918)

11-01-2005 07:55 PM

Pokershare Just took a major Dump

We were caught completely by surprise but, did everyone just get an email from pokershare closing their account? No longer offering their poker room to anyone in North America (Canada \ US)

11-01-2005 08:04 PM

Re: Pokershare Just took a major Dump

Yeah I just received the email. This does come as kinda a sudden shock. I would say this pretty much seals the deal for Pokershare. Shame to have wasted money on full page advertising in Card Player and elsewhere and then this.

We would like to thank you for being a member of PokerShare. We are writing to inform you that due to a policy change as of November 1, 2005 North American residents are no longer able to play in the PokerShare cardroom.

We have closed your account, cbe2869. If you had a cash balance in your account we have initiated a withdrawal for you to refund these monies in full. Along with your cash balance we have converted any Tournament Entry Chips (TECs) and included them in the withdrawal of funds.

If you are owed money, you will be receiving a check in full for your entire account balance to your address on file. Balances in excess of $500 have been sent by FedEx. Smaller balances have been sent by regular mail.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

Sincerely

Robert
pokershareinquiries@ecom-arts.com

theben 11-01-2005 08:13 PM

is this a joke?

Jessica1 11-01-2005 08:48 PM

For the record, that email has come from UB's holding company.
This has been sprung on PokerShare in the same way Party sprung the split on the skins.

J

uncleshady 11-01-2005 08:51 PM

Also in the internet forum. crazy From the general forum

Jessica1 11-01-2005 08:57 PM

They have assured us that although they intend to sort this out and get it reversed, players and affiliates funds are not at risk.

J

dibbs 11-01-2005 09:53 PM

Meaning that at one point PShare accounts will be useable again for US citizens?

sublime 11-01-2005 09:57 PM

hi baby [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

sublime 11-01-2005 10:04 PM

ever do it with a Carpal \'Tunnel ?

BillFranklin 11-01-2005 10:26 PM

I just got removed from the site in the middle of a hand. When i tried to sign back on, a new update downloaded and it said my password was invalid. I haven't recieved any emails about me recieving my money back.