Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   10/20 commerce NL hand (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=406332)

Roswell 12-28-2005 02:52 AM

10/20 commerce NL hand

10/20 NL at the Commerce. I have $3000. Almost every pot is raised preflop. I find KK utg and limp. A tight player looks at his hand and immediately makes it $120. He has $1200 left in his stack after the raise. Three people flat call his $120 raise. I make it $520 total. My opponent thinks for a minute, then flat calls. Everyone else folds.

Flop is K37. Plan for the hand?

stealyourface 12-28-2005 02:55 AM

Re: 10/20 commerce NL hand

bet between half and full pot, fold to a raise (hahaha just kidding)

didn't notice his stack. just put him in, hope he has AA or AK.

ahnuld 12-28-2005 03:19 AM

Check flop. I dont see a reason to bet given shallow stacks and 2 streets left. If you check now, or bet a small amount like 400, can he ever get away from it on other streets? I like a check, then a small value bet on turn, then the rest. In any case, I find it a challenge to not get his stack here.

Ulysses 12-28-2005 03:31 AM

Roswell,

Your opponent has put in $520 of his $1320 preflop.

You have top set of Kings.

There is about $1400 in the pot.

Your opponent has $800 left.

Check, bet $400, go allin, whatever.

It doesn't really matter.

Black Peter 12-28-2005 03:40 AM

He's committed. Go allin.

Or check and let him go allin.

Same result.

creedofhubris 12-28-2005 04:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

mikech 12-28-2005 04:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
10/20 NL at the Commerce. I have $3000. Almost every pot is raised preflop. I find KK utg and limp. A tight player looks at his hand and immediately makes it $120. He has $1200 left in his stack after the raise. Three people flat call his $120 raise. I make it $520 total. My opponent thinks for a minute, then flat calls. Everyone else folds.

[/ QUOTE ]
bet $400, when he pushes all-in look pained and say, "[censored], did you flop a set on my aces? goddamn mother-[censored]!" stay in the tank until someone asks for time, finally call, but make sure NOT to show your hand first at the river because, hey, you called him! after he flips over his AA, turn over one K and place it on the top of the other, still face-down, card. then flip them so that the other K is revealed but the top K has turned face-down. this is called slow-rolling, because you are kind of rolling the cards over and over, nice and slow like grilling a burger. it is very cool. meanwhile, laugh at him and say, "nice preflop smoothcall mofo, who trapped who???"

(don't actually do this, it might get you murdered.)

Roswell 12-28-2005 04:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
bet $400, when he pushes all-in look pained and say, "[censored], did you flop a set on my aces? goddamn mother-[censored]!" stay in the tank until someone asks for time, finally call, but make sure NOT to show your hand first at the river because, hey, you called him! after he flips over his AA, turn over one K and place it on the top of the other, still face-down, card. then flip them so that the other K is revealed but the top K has turned face-down. this is called slow-rolling, because you are kind of rolling the cards over and over, nice and slow like grilling a burger. it is very cool. meanwhile, laugh at him and say, "nice preflop smoothcall mofo, who trapped who???"

(don't actually do this, it might get you murdered.)

[/ QUOTE ]

Mike, that's actually what I did. I am writing from my hospital bed.

Roswell 12-28-2005 04:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Roswell,

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it does matter. From the preflop action, it's pretty likely he has QQ, JJ, or AK. All those hands are drawing essentially dead. So isn't this the ideal spot for checking the flop?

flawless_victory 12-28-2005 04:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Roswell,

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it does matter. From the preflop action, it's pretty likely he has QQ, JJ, or AK. All those hands are drawing essentially dead. So isn't this the ideal spot for checking the flop?

[/ QUOTE ]WHY DID YOU POST THIS HAND?
WHHHYYYYYYY??????????????