Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   PF Stuff (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=405964)

QTip 12-27-2005 04:01 PM

PF Stuff

SB structure is 2/5

Both hand have similar position.

MP is the only reason to be at the table. Something like 70/20/1. I'm 4 seats to the left of him, and it seems like the good TAG to my right and I are the only ones really trying to tap this fish. He and I are doing PLENTY of iso raising and reraising.

1. I'm sb with AJo. MP fish is only one who has called, button raises.

2. I'm button with QJo. MP fish is only one who as called, co raises.

thirddan 12-27-2005 04:06 PM

Re: PF Stuff

im folding both of these...

1. this one is the more interesting of the two, but your position is really gonna kill you on this one...

2. QJo sucks...and is in bad shape even against CO's loosened isolation standards...

party needs a seat change button [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

QTip 12-27-2005 04:10 PM

For discussion purposes, let's also discuss these hands as switched....AJo on button and QJo otb.

DeathDonkey 12-27-2005 04:17 PM

I would play the AJo in both cases and not the QJo. If I'm playing I'm 3 betting.

-DeathDonkey

thirddan 12-27-2005 04:19 PM

AJo on the button = im 3betting here, other tag is probably raising light since he is trying to isolate the donator guy, AJo dominates a bunch of his hands and we will have position + initiative, only downside is we might knock out donator (but not terrible since we probably have teh best hand + position + initiative)...

QJo = still sucks here, sb or button...

QTip 12-27-2005 04:23 PM

Chris:

Why would you 3 bet from the SB with AJo?

thirddan 12-27-2005 04:24 PM

i said muck, but if im playing AJo from the Sb im 3betting as well, don't particularly want the BB coming along as well...

QTip 12-27-2005 04:26 PM

thirddan:

Muck AJo in the sb

3 bet AJo otb

Are you saying position here is worth 1 3/5 sbs?

thirddan 12-27-2005 04:34 PM

i think position is worth a lot in the case of isolation...and the other tag having position on not only us, but the donator gives him huge leverage in playing his hands...isolation is not just preflop, the other tag is gonna have an opportunity to re-isolate the donator on the flop...

Harv72b 12-27-2005 04:58 PM

[grunch]

1. Easy 3-bet. Button will get out of the way unimproved on the flop.
2. Easy muck. CO might be raising with a similarly weak hand or an underpair, but you're going to have to improve to win the pot the vast majority of the time. If they were suited I'd be more tempted to see the flop (either a coldcall or 3-bet, depending on the likelihood of the blinds coming along), but offsuit I grumble a bit and fold.
[/grunch]