Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   One-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Another Curtains Hand - AQ Late Game (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=401908)

runner4life7 12-20-2005 05:49 AM

Another Curtains Hand - AQ Late Game

I didnt post what he did this time so first anyone's opinion then ill put in mine. Curtains is in the SB

Level:4 Blinds(50/100) - Saturday, December 17, 04:16:10 EDT 2005
Table Table 66906 (Real Money)
Seat 6 is the button
Total number of players : 6
Seat 2: gcnmoo ( $1890 )
Seat 4: UTINKITUPID ( $1325 )
Seat 5: MxLLx ( $1065 )
Seat 6: ownu44 ( $2725 )
Seat 8: ILuvCurtains ( $1015 )
Seat 9: AK_MALAK ( $1980 )
Trny:18350786 Level:4
Blinds(50/100)
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to ILuvCurtains [ Ad Qc ]
gcnmoo folds.
>You have options at Table 68943 Table!.
UTINKITUPID raises [400].
MxLLx folds.
ownu44 folds.
Curtains?

ZBTHorton 12-20-2005 05:52 AM

Re: Another Curtains Hand - AQ Late Game

I fold.

If we're close to moving to 75/150..it's closer.

bones 12-20-2005 05:55 AM

Reads, baby. All about reads.

curtains 12-20-2005 05:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

huge cop-out...assume you have no reads. If you tell me you always have some read, then you are a much more observant player than me.

curtains 12-20-2005 05:59 AM

Ill tell you my read. My first read is that the player is relatively smart yet made a handle that makes him look stupid. I hadnt played with him before but based on the handle alone I'd say they were competant.

12-20-2005 06:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

huge cop-out...assume you have no reads. If you tell me you always have some read, then you are a much more observant player than me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Here's how I do it. If this player is solid or passive preflop, easy fold. If the player has stats like 50% vpip/30%pfr I push.

Daliman 12-20-2005 06:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I didnt post what he did this time so first anyone's opinion then ill put in mine. Curtains is in the SB

Level:4 Blinds(50/100) - Saturday, December 17, 04:16:10 EDT 2005
Table Table 66906 (Real Money)
Seat 6 is the button
Total number of players : 6
Seat 2: gcnmoo ( $1890 )
Seat 4: UTINKITUPID ( $1325 )
Seat 5: MxLLx ( $1065 )
Seat 6: ownu44 ( $2725 )
Seat 8: ILuvCurtains ( $1015 )
Seat 9: AK_MALAK ( $1980 )
Trny:18350786 Level:4
Blinds(50/100)
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to ILuvCurtains [ Ad Qc ]
gcnmoo folds.
>You have options at Table 68943 Table!.
UTINKITUPID raises [400].
MxLLx folds.
ownu44 folds.
Curtains?

[/ QUOTE ]

Zero FE = Fold Aqo in SB

runner4life7 12-20-2005 06:03 AM

Lately I have been pushing or maybe stop n going this but I dont think I like it because you are against a pair or AK far too often.

jeffraider 12-20-2005 06:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah reads are for the weak!

PS fold lol.

bones 12-20-2005 06:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

For a very reasonable rate, I can teach you how to read like me.

If you say he's a competent 215 player, I'd probably fold. His raise is so donkishily big compared to his stack that you have little FE against him. If this were a 55, I'd shove. Probably a 109 too.

curtains 12-20-2005 06:08 AM

I dont know if hes competant, Im going only by his handle.

bones 12-20-2005 06:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I dont know if hes competant, Im going only by his handle.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yikes.

runner4life7 12-20-2005 06:14 AM

ok this makes me at least feel better about doing this at the 30s but it appears that the fold is good at the 200s like curtains did do.

fluorescenthippo 12-20-2005 06:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
My first read is that the player is relatively smart yet made a handle that makes him look stupid.

[/ QUOTE ]

my reads are usually backwards

12-20-2005 06:24 AM

This is either a fold or push situation.
folding this i think is weak but pushing i think wont make the raiser fold coz he has commited 1/3 of his stack.
Im thinking a stop and go could be a very good play coz we are in the blinds.

12-20-2005 07:01 AM

Yeah i'm curious too, what can you possibly figure from that handle?

curtains 12-20-2005 07:08 AM

you can figure hes witty enough to try to make a handle that makes him look stupid. Anyone who can do that is probably not completely terrible at poker, especially because they are going out of their way to look dumb.

Roman 12-20-2005 07:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
you can figure hes witty enough to try to make a handle that makes him look stupid. Anyone who can do that is probably not completely terrible at poker, especially because they are going out of their way to look dumb.

[/ QUOTE ]
I try to come up with dumb sounding nicknames all the time, so this has at least some merit.

Sciolist 12-20-2005 09:02 AM

"I think this is fold or push"
[...]
"I'd call"

Nice!

ilya 12-20-2005 05:58 PM

I haven't looked at the other responses but I would probably fold here.

durron597 12-20-2005 06:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I always have PokerAce up.

EasilyFound 12-20-2005 06:47 PM

Do you play AK the same way? Or is that hand more pushable under identical circumstances?

12-20-2005 11:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
If only sigs were enabled, I would have just found mine!

curtains 12-20-2005 11:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Do you play AK the same way? Or is that hand more pushable under identical circumstances?

[/ QUOTE ]

I would have pushed AK here for sure if thats what you are asking. Also I would have pushed AQ to a smaller raise. A 400 chip raise often tells me they have a pretty good hand and that they wont fold, but that they dont mind taking the blinds down. Hands like 99+TT+AK+AQ are the main ones that fall into such a category.

EasilyFound 12-21-2005 09:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would have pushed AK here for sure if thats what you are asking. Also I would have pushed AQ to a smaller raise. A 400 chip raise often tells me they have a pretty good hand and that they wont fold, but that they dont mind taking the blinds down. Hands like 99+TT+AK+AQ are the main ones that fall into such a category.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, that is what I'm asking. You're saying, it seems, that in this situation, against a 400 raise, you'd push w/AK but not w/AQ. If you think you're opponent won't fold if you push, I don't know that I see much difference in pushing w/AK or AQ. Won't you be in the same coinflip sitaution most times? I suppose your more prone to run into KK and AK if you have AQ. You're saying that that possibility is enough difference to make one hand a push and the other a fold? If that is the reasoning, then I need to adjust my game. That is the reason I'm asking.

bones 12-21-2005 09:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, that is what I'm asking. You're saying, it seems, that in this situation, against a 400 raise, you'd push w/AK but not w/AQ. If you think you're opponent won't fold if you push, I don't know that I see much difference in pushing w/AK or AQ. Won't you be in the same coinflip sitaution most times? I suppose your more prone to run into KK and AK if you have AQ. You're saying that that possibility is enough difference to make one hand a push and the other a fold? If that is the reasoning, then I need to adjust my game. That is the reason I'm asking.

[/ QUOTE ]

There's a huge difference between getting all in with AK and AQ when you know you'll be called.

EasilyFound 12-21-2005 09:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
There's a huge difference between getting all in with AK and AQ when you know you'll be called.

[/ QUOTE ]

I understand that one hand is better than the other, surely, but I guess I didn't fully understand the difference in playability between the two hands.

curtains 12-21-2005 09:50 PM

Huge difference between AK and AQ...and my opponent might fold, I dont know for sure that they will call.

EasilyFound 12-21-2005 10:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Huge difference between AK and AQ...and my opponent might fold, I dont know for sure that they will call.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you think that holds true at the lower levels? Am I correct to think that at the lower levels, 11, 22, 33, people will make that opening raise with weaker holding?

curtains 12-21-2005 10:12 PM

yes you are correct, and they will at the 215s also sometimes. Just didnt feel like that was the case with this guy.