Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   One-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Another Curtains Hand - AQ Late Game (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=401908)

durron597 12-20-2005 06:02 PM

Re: Another Curtains Hand - AQ Late Game

[ QUOTE ]

huge cop-out...assume you have no reads. If you tell me you always have some read, then you are a much more observant player than me.

[/ QUOTE ]

I always have PokerAce up.

EasilyFound 12-20-2005 06:47 PM

Do you play AK the same way? Or is that hand more pushable under identical circumstances?

12-20-2005 11:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Reads, baby. All about reads.

[/ QUOTE ]

huge cop-out...assume you have no reads. If you tell me you always have some read, then you are a much more observant player than me.

[/ QUOTE ]
If only sigs were enabled, I would have just found mine!

curtains 12-20-2005 11:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Do you play AK the same way? Or is that hand more pushable under identical circumstances?

[/ QUOTE ]

I would have pushed AK here for sure if thats what you are asking. Also I would have pushed AQ to a smaller raise. A 400 chip raise often tells me they have a pretty good hand and that they wont fold, but that they dont mind taking the blinds down. Hands like 99+TT+AK+AQ are the main ones that fall into such a category.

EasilyFound 12-21-2005 09:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would have pushed AK here for sure if thats what you are asking. Also I would have pushed AQ to a smaller raise. A 400 chip raise often tells me they have a pretty good hand and that they wont fold, but that they dont mind taking the blinds down. Hands like 99+TT+AK+AQ are the main ones that fall into such a category.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, that is what I'm asking. You're saying, it seems, that in this situation, against a 400 raise, you'd push w/AK but not w/AQ. If you think you're opponent won't fold if you push, I don't know that I see much difference in pushing w/AK or AQ. Won't you be in the same coinflip sitaution most times? I suppose your more prone to run into KK and AK if you have AQ. You're saying that that possibility is enough difference to make one hand a push and the other a fold? If that is the reasoning, then I need to adjust my game. That is the reason I'm asking.

bones 12-21-2005 09:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, that is what I'm asking. You're saying, it seems, that in this situation, against a 400 raise, you'd push w/AK but not w/AQ. If you think you're opponent won't fold if you push, I don't know that I see much difference in pushing w/AK or AQ. Won't you be in the same coinflip sitaution most times? I suppose your more prone to run into KK and AK if you have AQ. You're saying that that possibility is enough difference to make one hand a push and the other a fold? If that is the reasoning, then I need to adjust my game. That is the reason I'm asking.

[/ QUOTE ]

There's a huge difference between getting all in with AK and AQ when you know you'll be called.

EasilyFound 12-21-2005 09:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
There's a huge difference between getting all in with AK and AQ when you know you'll be called.

[/ QUOTE ]

I understand that one hand is better than the other, surely, but I guess I didn't fully understand the difference in playability between the two hands.

curtains 12-21-2005 09:50 PM

Huge difference between AK and AQ...and my opponent might fold, I dont know for sure that they will call.

EasilyFound 12-21-2005 10:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Huge difference between AK and AQ...and my opponent might fold, I dont know for sure that they will call.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you think that holds true at the lower levels? Am I correct to think that at the lower levels, 11, 22, 33, people will make that opening raise with weaker holding?

curtains 12-21-2005 10:12 PM

yes you are correct, and they will at the 215s also sometimes. Just didnt feel like that was the case with this guy.