Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Unbelievable (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=325936)

HopeydaFish 08-30-2005 12:44 PM

Unbelievable

This is unbelievable:

Babies given herpes in circumcision ritual

To make matters worse, even after this story broke, Mayor Bloomberg refused to entertain the idea of outlawing the ritual circumcision practice in question (where the Mohel sucks the blood with his MOUTH from the baby's penis), because he didn't want to be seen to be interfering with religious practices.

Shajen 08-30-2005 12:45 PM

Re: Unbelievable

At what point do you go "Man, these old customs sure are dumb" and move on to you know, 1960?

Dave G. 08-30-2005 12:55 PM

Religion sucks. Sucking a babies dick sucks even more. Giving that baby herpes and killing it is inexcusable.

I don't care if people want to practice their stupid disgusting religious bullshit, but spreading disease and killing babies is not kewl. It's time for these morons to wise up and join the rest of us in the 21st century.

lucas9000 08-30-2005 12:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
At what point do you go "Man, these old customs sure are dumb" and move on to you know, 1960?

[/ QUOTE ]

um, freedom of religion?

imported_The Vibesman 08-30-2005 12:57 PM

Yeah, I don't understand why we just can't mutilate infant genitals without, you know, the gross stuff.

InchoateHand 08-30-2005 12:58 PM

Yo, like whatevah!

TheBlueMonster 08-30-2005 12:58 PM

Wow. Is it possible to be more ignorant and disrespectful to a religion?

InchoateHand 08-30-2005 12:59 PM

More disrespectful and ignorant? Sure, thats easily accomplished---just look at Intelligent Design.

Shajen 08-30-2005 01:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

um, freedom of religion?

[/ QUOTE ]

I know what it is. I just don't understand it. I don't care what religion I am, I wouldn't let anyone suck the circumsized blood off my son's penis.

I just couldn't do that. But, to each their own, I guess. Tragic that these kids died though. Inexcusable.

Dex 08-30-2005 01:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
To make matters worse, even after this story broke, Mayor Bloomberg refused to entertain the idea of outlawing the ritual circumcision practice in question (where the Mohel sucks the blood with his MOUTH from the baby's penis), because he didn't want to be seen to be interfering with religious practices.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is disgusting.

When religious practices involve harming others, we should not continue to respect those practices simply because they are religious.

There are some people whose religious practices consist of killing Americans. Should we not interfere with their religious practices either?