Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Please sir, can I have another? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=270081)

MRBAA 06-10-2005 01:22 PM

Please sir, can I have another?

Party 2-4. I have JJ on the button. My two main opponents have been quiet, a bit loose but not aggressive for my first couple of laps at this table. LP only had about $45 at the start of the hand.

MP limps, LP raises, I 3-bet, MP calls two, LP caps, all call.

Three to the flop, 12sb and it comes down:

AKJ two spades

MP checks, LP bets, I raise, MP calls, LP raises, I cap.

12sb as we go to the turn which comes:

AKJ (T) (not a spade)

MP checks, LP bets, I call, MP calls

To the river with 15BB

AKJ T (3) no flush

MP bets, LP raises (he has $5 left after his raise) and I....

daftdg 06-10-2005 01:28 PM

Re: Please sir, can I have another?

I think you can fold this here. It looks like youll be putting in three bets to see this river, and even if you do put LP on AK (which is the only hand that you have beat currently), the MP waking up screams straight.

Stack 06-10-2005 01:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think you can fold this here. It looks like youll be putting in three bets to see this river, and even if you do put LP on AK (which is the only hand that you have beat currently), the MP waking up screams straight.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hero has a full house

ihardlyknowher 06-10-2005 01:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hero has a full house

[/ QUOTE ]

?????

daftdg 06-10-2005 01:39 PM

uh.. no he doesnt.

Stack 06-10-2005 01:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hero has a full house

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, he doesn't. I thought river was T.

A fold is in order.

bozlax 06-10-2005 01:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
MP bets, LP raises (he has $5 left after his raise) and I....

[/ QUOTE ]

Make the reach back in and pull out a card that matches the board? Oh, yeah, that's what you said.

You've gotta let this go. It's going to cost you more than just the 2 to you (and I wouldn't even call for that, I don't think, since MP woke up) to see their cards, only to find out that LP is playing one of the preflop capping hands that isn't AK, and MP is winning the hand with KQ for the straight.

guacamol 06-10-2005 01:43 PM

folding is probably the best move here. i would call a single bet on the river here but in the situation where MP will most likely re-raise i think the best thing to do is fold.

MRBAA 06-10-2005 02:19 PM

Okay, my finger is hovering over the fold button. But wait, the pot is $75 and MP hasn't even called the raise yet....

JDErickson 06-10-2005 05:22 PM

Tougher than it looks I think.

I think I'm going to call this one based on LP being almost all in. I hate the other player in the hand but HU you couldn't drag my set of T's into the muck.