Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   turn bet issue against tag (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=399577)

12-16-2005 10:41 AM

turn bet issue against tag

villan is a tag, 24% preflop...
does this turn bet totally suck?>

PokerStars 2/4 Hold'em (5 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP caps</font>, Button calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (13 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, Button folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (8.50 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, Hero calls.

ejay 12-16-2005 10:49 AM

Re: turn bet issue against tag

after he caps and raises you on the flop, i would just call down.

jaxUp 12-16-2005 10:51 AM

Well, if there was any chance that villain has a FD then I like a turn bet for sure. This doesn't seem to be the case. I think c/c is probably better, maybe donking the river (if you think villain would play QQ/JJ this way). Also, what's villain's PFR?

Spartan1983 12-16-2005 10:51 AM

What would suck is you checking the turn and the villain checking it through. You have to bet this turn unless your 100% sure the villain is going to bet it for you. So what, he raised you. Now you have a good idea your behind. Decision time.

jaxUp 12-16-2005 10:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What would suck is you checking the turn and the villain checking it through. You have to bet this turn unless your 100% sure the villain is going to bet it for you. So what, he raised you. Now you have a good idea your behind. Decision time.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think villain only ever checks behind a hand with 2 outs that he (probably) wouldn't have called a bet with anyways. I think it's more worth it to try and get him to bet at it again with JJ-QQ

thesharpie 12-16-2005 10:54 AM

Yep, not much you're ahead of by the turn so call it down. I also don't like the flop bet.

spydog 12-16-2005 11:03 AM

I check-call the flop. The problem with betting is that MP is probably only raising hands that beat you and if he's beating you then you are crushed. Having the Button throw a 1 SB donation into the pot can be a side benefit from check-calling.

This is one of those hands where it's unlikely you are going to get any value from TT/JJ/QQ because you can't really raise anywhere without folding him. So, it's probably just best to play it passive and check-call the entire way.

Redd 12-16-2005 11:19 AM

With 2 people already in and in worst position, how about a pf call here?

12-16-2005 11:34 AM

PFR is 20%, also, hes now 20% vpip preflop...
some of my thoughts were...
ok hes capping me, AK is clearly possible, AA out, KK possible, QQ,JJ,1010, AQs..
maybe even wider, hes ultra aggressive
only 2 hands beating me on the flop...
kinda seems wa/wb...
cdl

jba 12-16-2005 11:59 AM

"kinda seems wa/wb..."

edit: once the turn rolls around. I do want to come out firing on the flop, but once it's heads up lets let him bet it (or not) with his 2 outer/monster