Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Hilarious- Just follow steps (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=389873)

drewjustdrew 12-02-2005 11:56 AM

Hilarious- Just follow steps

1- Go to www.google.com

2- Type in "french military victories", without the quotes

3- Instead of hitting "Search" hit "I'm feeling Lucky"

4- Tell your friends before the people at Google fix it

swede123 12-02-2005 11:58 AM

Re: Hilarious- Just follow steps

That's amazing! I can't believe I've never come across this before! In fact, I'm really surprised I haven't gotten about 293478 emails regarding this incredibly clever and funny thing before.

Swede

BradleyT 12-02-2005 11:59 AM

5 - repeat using the term "miserable failure".

P.S. the people at google won't fix it for quite some time. It's a flaw in their algorithm and can be exploited by a technique known as google bombing.

drewjustdrew 12-02-2005 12:00 PM

Fortunately for me, I'm not as connected as you. People usually only send me the good ones. I may not be current, but I'm not bombarded with garbage either. Oh well.

CrazyEyez 12-02-2005 12:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]

P.S. the people at google won't fix it for quite some time. It's a flaw in their algorithm and can be exploited by a technique known as google bombing.

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't know what this means. Can you explain?

drewjustdrew 12-02-2005 12:07 PM

Oh yeah, and I have seen the website before in the link, but it is timeless and worth a reminder.

asofel 12-02-2005 12:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't know what this means. Can you explain?

[/ QUOTE ]

lots of web pages use the term and link to another page. google indexes this and sees all these links for miserable failure going to something about bush...

swede123 12-02-2005 12:09 PM

Just being a groucy old man this morning. It is a funny thing, I was just surprised anyone with Internet experience didn't know about it yet. My apologies if I offended you.

Swede

BradleyT 12-02-2005 12:24 PM

When you create a link to a website you're able to use whatever text you want to describe that link (i.e Crybaby ). Google places too much emphasis on this linking text and ranks sites highly for that search term. So if we could get like 10 - 20 more people to link to Phils website using the same link I used above he'd start ranking very high in google for Crybaby.

CrazyEyez 12-02-2005 12:28 PM

Asofel/Bradley -

Thanks for the explanations.

Enlightened,
CE