Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro-Limits (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   I folded AKo preflop (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=376338)

11-11-2005 10:55 AM

I folded AKo preflop

Am I crazy?

1/2 full ring.

UTG raises, UTG+1 3-bets.

Folds to me in MP. I fold.

We haven't seen many 3-bets preflop at this table, and especially from UTG+1...however, these two guys were chatting rather frequently and someone had suggested that they might be colluding.

I lectured them both before folding and said "Alright guys, we better see a showdown. I want to see your cards..." Then folded with like 2 seconds left.

I don't like playing AKo to three bets. Am I crazy? Do you guys cap this or what?

SL__72 11-11-2005 11:18 AM

Re: I folded AKo preflop

Cap.

11-11-2005 11:22 AM

If you want to see their cards you should pay for it [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
I also don't understand how raising and threebetting without other players in the pot is a good tactic if you're colluding. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

11-11-2005 11:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If you want to see their cards you should pay for it [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
I also don't understand how raising and threebetting without other players in the pot is a good tactic if you're colluding. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

B/C you might get hands like AK to fold?

SL__72 11-11-2005 11:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

B/C you might get hands like AK to fold?

[/ QUOTE ]

That doesn't make any sense. If they are colluding they other people in the hand to take money off of.

Vote4Pedro 11-11-2005 11:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Cap.

[/ QUOTE ]

MrWookie47 11-11-2005 12:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Cap.

[/ QUOTE ]

The only other option I see as being all that reasonable is calling 3 cold so you can see if the other guy caps. These guys would both have to have <5% PFR's for me to fold this.

11-11-2005 12:38 PM

yer in position, you gotta play. if the flop hits you, get it to showdown. any stats?

milesdyson 11-11-2005 12:41 PM

this thread will be unneccesarily long

11-11-2005 02:59 PM

Results

So I folded, and some other dude capped behind me, the original raiser called the 2 extra bets and the other guy called for a 3-way capped pot.

Flop was Q3A.... This annoyed me, but I figured I'm still way behind to AQ, QQ, AA... a pantload of betting ensued, this made me think I made good laydown.

Turn was another Ace... again a pantload of betting ensued and I figured for sure someone had AQ now.

River....ACE... FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU**

WTF!!!!!!

The pot ended up to be about 22BB's from what I remember and both the original raiser and the 3-bettor had a showdown.

Original UTG raiser had...... get ready..... 22. Mr. 3-bet? Oh, he had QJ offsuit. He took the pot down with Aces full of queens.

I almost broke something.

3-bet with QJ off. I don't even PLAY THIS HAND from EP. EVER.

Anyway, my session was about break-even for 350 hands so I wasn't that upset.

I guess I will just always cap AKoff preflop even disregarding the fact that someone in UTG+1 has the balls to 3-bet the UTG raiser?

That was my problem. If the raise was from MP, and the 3-bet a couple spots later, I cap this or at least call. But seeing a 3-bet from UTG+1 at a full ring table is pretty scary.

Oh, I forgot the guy who capped PF had KK and also saw the showdown. That's right, UTG called down with 22 against 2 opponents on this board....