Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Multi-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   EP Blind Steal (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=373501)

locutus2002 11-07-2005 12:38 PM

EP Blind Steal

$200+$50 B&M Tournament 100 left out of 400 pays 28.

Blinds are doubling every 20 minutes. T5,000 chips to start with, average stack is ~T25,000. Hero and most players have been in push and fold mode for an hour.

Blinds: (3000/6000) no antes

Background
Hero sits down at new table in MP picks up 66 and open pushes for T35,000 winning blinds.

2nd hand the SB goes broke.

The hand in question: (blinds: 2 big blinds and a small blind on the button) (T15,000)

Hero has T44,000 and A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] UTG. When I look up I notice that MP1,MP2,MP3 are all holding their cards ready to throw them in the muck; I believe them. The 4 remaining players all have ~T40K stacks aswell. Instead of tossing my cards in, I move my chips in instead.

What range of hands is likely to call here among the 4 remaining players in this environment?

locutus2002 11-08-2005 02:36 AM

Re: EP Blind Steal

Bump. Anyone with B&M experience is crappy structure tournaments. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

redrooski24 11-08-2005 03:39 AM

I've played in a few crappy live tournys like this before. I would say the calling range for the remaining villains(assuming they are average at best) is probably 77/88+, AJ maaaaaaaaaybe AT. I do remember though that in one of these crappy tournys where the avg stack at the mid/late stage was maybe 5bb one of my friends pushed from UTG+1 with 67s and was calling by A8 in the blind for most of his chips, although I think this is on the extreme loose end even in a tourny filled with donkeys. I don't really know what I'm getting at since my mind is wandering from being strung out on adderall at the library all day but yea, that's the range I would put them on.

SossMan 11-08-2005 12:40 PM

it really depends on the tourney, but this is still an easy push. You may get a loose call from a weak ace, but it's more than made up for by the fact that so many people will fold AT/A9 and 44-77 there. The big thing you have working against you is the fact that you have stole 100% of the hands at the table. That is somewhat made up for by the read that they looked uninterested. I wouldn't hate a fold there, but I would push pretty quickly.

schwza 11-08-2005 03:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
When I look up I notice that MP1,MP2,MP3 are all holding their cards ready to throw them in the muck; I believe them

[/ QUOTE ]

sorry for hijack, but is it legal/ethical to do that with AA?

SossMan 11-08-2005 06:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
When I look up I notice that MP1,MP2,MP3 are all holding their cards ready to throw them in the muck; I believe them

[/ QUOTE ]

sorry for hijack, but is it legal/ethical to do that with AA?

[/ QUOTE ]

certainly legal, some may argue it's ethicality, but it's not like they were mucking out of turn only to retrieve their 'folded' AA.