Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Color by numbers: It's gonna be a looooooong ride... (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=307093)

Entity 08-03-2005 06:53 PM

Color by numbers: It\'s gonna be a looooooong ride...

UTG is loose, slightly on the passive side. The first coldcaller is even looser, and very passive.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. MP posts a blind of $5. CO posts a blind of $5.
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, MP (poster) calls, CO (poster) calls, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG caps</font>, MP calls, CO calls, Button calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (20.40 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, CO folds, Button folds, Hero...

baronzeus 08-03-2005 06:54 PM

Re: Color by numbers: It\'s gonna be a looooooong ride...

This may not be as straightforward as it seems, but I call till the river and hope to catch the 2nd nuts? I think they are good often enough.

SomethingClever 08-03-2005 07:00 PM

Why didn't you bet the flop?

Entity 08-03-2005 07:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Because I'm reasonably sure I don't have the best hand and I'm getting raised on this flop, I dunno, about 100% of the time?

Rob

SomethingClever 08-03-2005 07:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Because I'm reasonably sure I don't have the best hand and I'm getting raised on this flop, I dunno, about 100% of the time?

Rob

[/ QUOTE ]

But don't you still have a lot of equity? And wouldn't UTG raising potentially knock out some 3 and 4-outers?

Just asking.

Cancuk 08-03-2005 07:29 PM

this is hard.
i would start crying, pull up my panties and call until i hit the 2nd nuts, and lose.

cheers.

jba 08-03-2005 07:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Rob

[/ QUOTE ]

if you raise, it is doubtful that this is going to get capped -- they are just going to let you lead the turn into them. so there is no information to be gained by 3betting. even if it does all it will tell us is that UTG is charging with his set of kings or a flush or a flush draw. we're reasonably certain MP has a made flush.

it's obvious the question is call or fold so let's call and see the turn. we have decent equity and an out to the nuts [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

jba 08-03-2005 07:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
this is hard.
i would start crying, pull up my panties and call until i hit the 2nd nuts, and lose.

cheers.

[/ QUOTE ]

we can hit the stone cold nuts here lets shoot for that

dont jinx it bro

Cancuk 08-03-2005 07:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Rob

[/ QUOTE ]

if you raise, it is doubtful that this is going to get capped --

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it would get capped.

Entity 08-03-2005 07:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Rob

[/ QUOTE ]

But don't you still have a lot of equity? And wouldn't UTG raising potentially knock out some 3 and 4-outers?

Just asking.

[/ QUOTE ]

How much do I care about knocking out a 3 or 4 outer when I'm behind?

Rob