Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Party/Empire checks (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=197684)

Cream Soda 02-17-2005 03:16 PM

Party/Empire checks

I just cashed my 1st Empire check at a liquor store and they looked at me like I was crazy when I handed them the check, they had to call some place to find out if the check was good and take my thumb print lol. The guy said the check looked so plain (which it is) he didn't know if it was real. Anyone have any similar expieriences like this? Is it better to cash them at check cashing places, or will it be the same there as well?

thatpfunk 02-17-2005 03:19 PM

Re: Party/Empire checks

Chuck: Why aren't there any banks in the ghetto Wendy?
Wendy: That's because banks hate Black people, but I think thats about to change. Back to you.

BluffTHIS! 02-17-2005 03:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I just cashed my 1st Empire check at a liquor store

[/ QUOTE ]

The IRS has been notified and will contacting you shortly.

Yobz 02-17-2005 03:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Avoiding the IRS much? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Yobz 02-17-2005 03:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The IRS has been notified and will contacting you shortly.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm too damn slow, I hate you.

doubledouble 02-17-2005 06:00 PM

You probably want at least one serious answer, so here it is. A check cashing store will probably not cash that check. It has no identifying information regarding payee, and in the event that it bounces, the check casher has no one to go after.

If you have a bank account, you have a few grand in the account, and the checks you are receiving from Party are $500 or less individually, you can probably go to the drive-in window of your bank and cash the check with no hassle (i.e., you would not need to show id).

Joe

Subby 02-17-2005 06:02 PM

If someone ever sees me cashing my poker winnings check at a liquor store, please kill me immediately.

Steve9393 02-17-2005 06:16 PM

Does anyone know if PP withholds any funds for tax purposes when they make a withdrawal. Is there a limit as to what you should withdraw at a time?

Bellagibro 02-17-2005 06:33 PM

Stop hating, some guys need quick cash for booze.

BluffTHIS! 02-17-2005 08:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you have a bank account, you have a few grand in the account, and the checks you are receiving from Party are $500 or less individually, you can probably go to the drive-in window of your bank and cash the check with no hassle (i.e., you would not need to show id).

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea, and the bank makes an electronic copy of it when it clears that night, like it does for your own checks.