Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Another AA hand, did i donk this one? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=405662)

CallYNotRaise06 12-27-2005 12:51 AM

Another AA hand, did i donk this one?

Seat 1: Villain ($19.90) loose/pass/agg loose caller, hes shown down 2nd pair and bottom pair numerous times
Seat 5: hero ($29)

Villain posts the small blind of $0.10

Dealt to hero [A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]]

hero raises to $0.85 from UTG+1 Villain calls $0.75 from SB BB calls $0.60

Flop [6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]] <font color="red"> 2.45 </font>

Villain checks BB checks hero bets $2.45
Villain calls $2.45 BB folds

Turn [K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]] <font color="red"> 7.35 </font>

Villain checks hero bets $6.50
Villain raises to $16.60, and is all in hero calls $10.10

i was pretty sure i was beat, but are you still paying off this river bet?

12-27-2005 01:07 AM

Re: Another AA hand, did i donk this one?

* Grunch *

I'd be more willing to call this if you had the A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], then you'd at least have some outs if the villain already has a flush. Even a single diamond beats you if a forth diamond comes on the turn. Guess there is a chance that this guy only has a king, but I'm thinkin that is sorta small. If you really want to know what I'd do, I'd just fold and let it go.

12-27-2005 01:37 AM

You're looking at a flush. I mean he called a pretty big bet on the flop and then c/r you on the turn. Need to let AA go. Hey, I know that I sometimes get in the habit of thinking I have the best hand with AA when deep down I know I don't.

CallYNotRaise06 12-27-2005 03:11 AM

ya i knew i was beat but made a crying call...i need to stay more disciplined in these spots

scrapperdog 12-27-2005 03:18 AM

I hate that grunch thing.

teamdonkey 12-27-2005 03:24 AM

this line could be A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]K, but thats about it for hands you wanna see. You're drawing dead way too much to make this call.

MikeSmith 12-27-2005 03:25 AM

DONT FALL IN LOVE WITH AA/KK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I ll take a shot and bet on the flop, anyone calling here either has you beat or has a high diamond and looking to draw, unless the guy is a LAG you should have folded to the reraise on the turn

End of story

12-27-2005 05:10 AM

make a standard raise preflop. it really does make a difference. $1 to go

I'm torn behind bet/call the turn and bet/fold the turn. I think an argument can be made for both. I probably bet like you did, passiveness seems to imply diamond draw. I only call that all-in if the guy is somewhat loose (for a lone diamond). I think a lone king is leading that turn (nasty nasty board). I don't mind calling here.