Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   One-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Yeah, I turned Trips! (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=308101)

Nottom 08-04-2005 11:36 PM

Yeah, I turned Trips!

I seem to love these situations.

100+9

Level 2, 8 players left.

I have about 1500, other notables have around 1000

Folded to button who limps, SB completes I check with Q5o.

Flop is QT2 with 2 diamonds

SB checks, I bet 60 and the button calls, SB folds.

Turn is a Q

I bet 140, he makes is 475.

Heros action!

Edit: Oh yeah, my note on the guy says solid but prolly a bit passive.

pokerraja 08-04-2005 11:41 PM

Re: Yeah, I turned Trips!

His huge overbet makes me reraise allin most of the time.

Nottom 08-04-2005 11:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

His huge overbet is about a 3/4 pot-sized bet.

HighestCard 08-04-2005 11:46 PM

Would you stop getting yourself into these situations!!... [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

According to villans play, I have to push this. A call on his behalf with a queen on the flop is just stupid with two dimonds on the board. This call tells me he's probably sitting with his queen x, his x being low because A, he didnt raise preflop and B, the flop action...

If his kicker is greater than yours, its a big favorite to split with my thinking.

Go ahead and flame me by telling me he turned over flopped pp trips, to make a boat on the turn.

bluefeet 08-05-2005 12:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
A call on his behalf with a queen on the flop is just stupid with two dimonds on the board. This call tells me he's probably sitting with his queen x, his x being low because A, he didnt raise preflop and B, the flop action...

If his kicker is greater than yours, its a big favorite to split with my thinking.

Go ahead and flame me by telling me he turned over flopped pp trips, to make a boat on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

i like all of the above...trips would raise your flop bet for the same reason. i'd have to call.

pokerraja 08-05-2005 12:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

His huge overbet is about a 3/4 pot-sized bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

im sorry its late, and your hand is hard to follow without a converter. but anyways, his bet is closer to pot size than 3/4th, but no need to be that nitpicky. His bet still seems high for someone who has a turned a very strong hand, ie.-full house or trips with a better kicker. Therefore I reraise all in usually.

Nottom 08-05-2005 12:25 AM

If you just turned a boat or trips what would you raise to in his spot?

pokerraja 08-05-2005 01:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If you just turned a boat or trips what would you raise to in his spot?

[/ QUOTE ]

we don't really think he turned trips as he gave you a cheap card with draws possible on the flop. So, only thing were really worried about is him turning a fullhouse usually.

after you lead on the turn with a T1400 bet, I would probably raise to T2000-T3000. I think smooth calling is also an option. I obviously don't want to push him out and I want to give him odds to draw dead to his flush. But if he does indeed have trips I want to make money on it. So, in that respect his raise seems suspect. Don't you think?

adanthar 08-05-2005 01:36 AM

All right, this is a bit different from the last hand on which my advice admittedly sucked.

A solid, passive player raises with ______ on a QT2Q board?

(Edit: I've been right every time I made this laydown...but admittedly that's been about three times. If your read is ever so slightly off, call and call any river.)

curtains 08-05-2005 01:48 AM

Probably slowplaying AA or something. Okay but its hard to put him on a queen, why didnt he raise the flop with a queen? Most people don't slowplay top pair there.