Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Best SNL cast member (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=394028)

James Boston 12-08-2005 05:25 AM

Re: Best SNL cast member

Chris Farley...and it isn't even close.

craig r 12-08-2005 05:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
No, but he was on in living color.

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay...My bad - Get confused between the two...

[/ QUOTE ]

one show has token black characters and the other one had a token white character.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am pretty sure Eddie Murphy was not a token black character. In fact, he would have to tell them to stop putting him in so many skits. Ferrell was very funny, but Eddie Murphy was great at improvising and was also very funny.

tolbiny 12-08-2005 05:31 AM

bill murry, phil heartman and eddie murphy in no particular order.
yeah, if you can laugh at a fat dude falling over and getting angry four times an episode i guess you could pick farley.
I never liked will ferral.

ThinkQuick 12-08-2005 05:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Steve Martin was not technically a cast member

[/ QUOTE ]
just what i wanted to say

[ QUOTE ]
I am pretty sure Eddie Murphy was not a token black character. In fact, he would have to tell them to stop putting him in so many skits. Ferrell was very funny, but Eddie Murphy was great at improvising and was also very funny.

[/ QUOTE ]
Murphy did become popular, and they did want to hire him, but weren't going to because they already had a black guy. he was actually only hired when they found out that the other black guy wasn't officially under contract.. leaving room for Eddie to be the token black guy.

daryn 12-08-2005 05:52 AM

to me will ferrell = idiot's delight

ononimo 12-08-2005 05:52 AM

by "token", i mean they made sure to have one, but not more than one, black cast member for many years.

12-08-2005 05:56 AM

How in the hell is adam sandler only getting 4 votes.

I think Im too young to fully appreciate the older cast members, although I own the best of eddie.

ononimo 12-08-2005 05:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I think Im too young to fully appreciate the older cast members, although I own the best of eddie.

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm shocked that he's getting ANY votes as one of the top 3 all-time SNL cast members.

Colonel Kataffy 12-08-2005 06:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm shocked that he's getting ANY votes as one of the top 3 all-time SNL cast members.

[/ QUOTE ]

Landon_McFly 12-08-2005 06:49 AM

The fact that phil hartman has just as many votes as bill murray makes me want to hurl.

Has anyone here even heard of bill murray?