Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro-Limits (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   pocket Aces, two Kings on flop (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=287849)

Percy101 07-07-2005 01:15 AM

pocket Aces, two Kings on flop

I thought I would check raise the flop here, assuming that it would get reraised for sure if someone had trips. Any thoughts on how this should be played otherwise?

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+2 calls, CO calls, Button calls.

Flop: (13 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG+2 checks, CO checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+2 folds, CO calls, Button calls.

Turn: (9.50 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls, Button folds.

River: (11.50 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls.

Final Pot: 13.50 BB

Online247 07-07-2005 01:23 AM

Re: pocket Aces, two Kings on flop

I like it. I worry about CO's call on the turn, if he had the 9 put him on ur buddy list.

NAU_Player 07-07-2005 01:23 AM

umm, nice hand?

btspider 07-07-2005 01:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
umm, nice hand?

[/ QUOTE ]

nah, bet flop and go from there.

JKDStudent 07-07-2005 01:50 AM

I don't like this c/r on the flop. There's no reason to face the field with two bets. You are WAY ahead of anyone that doesn't have a king, so don't scare them away from putting money into the pot.

thegoose420 07-07-2005 02:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I don't like this c/r on the flop. There's no reason to face the field with two bets. You are WAY ahead of anyone that doesn't have a king, so don't scare them away from putting money into the pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree with this, you are either may ahead, or way behind, so i wouldn't go for the check raise. hopefully you caught someone bluffing, and they will keep betting. I would probably go for the check raise on the turn, or the river, depending on my read of the player.

TomBrooks 07-07-2005 04:16 AM

FLOP and TURN: I like. It's less likely anyone has a King since there are two on the board. You have decent chances of likely having the best hand here.

RIVER: I don't like the bet when another nine shows up. If CO wasn't sticking with you with a King, he may very well have been staying with a nine and just made a full house. If he had a pocket pair like TT, JJ or QQ, he would have been likely to raise it preflop I would think. I prefer Check/Call here. I see CO didn't raise you. Even with the nine, he might have put you on a King and thus called. If you had checked, he might have checked it through with a 9 over King boat anyway, fearing that you might check-raise. Thus you might be able to save a bet here if thats what he has.

Edit: It didn't register with me at first that you check-raised the flop. I'm not sure how I feel about that.

xenthebrain 07-07-2005 05:41 AM

After I 3-bet preflop and get a flop like this (only 5 cards that conenct somehow with this board) I lead the flop myself.

DasThiem 07-07-2005 05:52 AM

I play situations like that the same. If my check-raise is replied with a reraise, I know i might be in trouble and perhaps have to give up my hand. I don't see how one can play this situations diffrently.

McGahee 07-07-2005 09:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]