Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Maybe I Play Too Passively (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=406414)

toss 12-28-2005 06:32 AM

Maybe I Play Too Passively

Villain is pretty much unknown. He hasn't done anything stupid.

Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (8 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">6 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB caps</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (8 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks.

Turn: (4 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (6 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks...

Final Pot: 6 BB

Well the preflop cap, flop check really made me feel like I was getting checkraised. What about the river?

mack848 12-28-2005 06:38 AM

Re: Maybe I Play Too Passively

What hand calls the river that you beat? What better hand folds the river getting 7:1?

toss 12-28-2005 06:40 AM

Do you like the flop check?

12-28-2005 06:43 AM

It's hard to read into his cap HU in the blinds. I think you might be right about the flop c/r, but that doesn't necessarily mean he has anything. He could be getting out of line with an ace or a pocket pair, and judging the rest of the hand that's what it feels like to me. I play like that all the time near the end of SNGs and tournaments and take down more than I lose LOL...

I think you probably could have raised the turn. If he does anything other than raise at that point, you're ahead and should play strong. If he pops you, you can probably lay down.

The way it played out, logic suggests he doesn't call a river bet with anything you want to see. However, I can't say why but I think you had the best hand LOL...

bambi 12-28-2005 06:48 AM

can you safetly fold to check raise? if not check behind, when you have a maniac fish like this, which you never no what is going on, i would rather get to show down, rather than trying to value bet and maybe folding the best hand costing me the pot

mack848 12-28-2005 06:54 AM

Without a read it is impossible to put him on a range here. Clearly players will raisea lot of hands first in from the SB. Some players will almost autocap when 3-bet, others almost always call.

I play much lower than 15/30 and I tend to respect the cap in this position. Once I hit 2nd pair on the flop, I play WA/WB. There are lots of hands he could have that will c/r and there are also hands that might well fold to a bet from you (77-TT for example). Playing the way you did avoided the c/r if he has a monster and kept him in drawing to very few outs if he doesn't.

toss 12-28-2005 06:56 AM

Pretty much my thoughts. This was kind of a boring hand actually. I checked behind on the river and he showed me 33. I don't think he was gonig to call a river bet either.

mack848 12-28-2005 07:03 AM

Seems like you maximised the hand as it turns out.

12-28-2005 08:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Pretty much my thoughts. This was kind of a boring hand actually. I checked behind on the river and he showed me 33. I don't think he was gonig to call a river bet either.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wonder what this says about his read on you.