Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   AJ improves...super de duper (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=394659)

gonores 12-09-2005 02:11 AM

AJ improves...super de duper

20/40 Party

Guy with decent stats raises from the CO. a 45/20 type calls in the SB and I call with AJo. I 3bet this usually, but I've recently realized that I've been leaking in spots like this where I build a big pot and find myself unable to get away from an unimproved ace high or 2nd pair or something like that. Whatever....too long of an explanation.

Flop JT8r

SB bets, I raise, CO 3bets, SB calls, I cap, all call

Turn: 5

I bet, CO raises, SB folds, I call

River: A

Line?

NLSoldier 12-09-2005 02:15 AM

Re: AJ improves...super de duper

[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

rbenuck4 12-09-2005 02:32 AM

Bet/fold.

He will call you with QQ or KK, but might check this behind. If he raises you, he's got you beat. (set?)

Justin A 12-09-2005 02:59 AM

I like bet/call but I'm not sure why.

Alex/Mugaaz 12-09-2005 03:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I like bet/call but I'm not sure why.

[/ QUOTE ]

rbenuck4 12-09-2005 03:34 AM

I think you like bet/call because you improved your hand and don't want to give it up. I think this is a spot where you have to realize that there are virtually no hands that villain can be raising this river with that you have beat. I don't think he's 3 betting AK on that flop or A10 for that matter (these are hands that might raise the river that you have beat). This sounds like a man who has a good hand and doesn't want the two "loose" blinds to see a cheap turn on a crappy Q9 draw.

Danenania 12-09-2005 03:36 AM

Fairly standard check/call I think. He'll almost always bet worse hands that would call a bet but you aren't ahead often enough to checkraise.

DpR 12-09-2005 03:48 AM

I like bet/call for sure. I think he has QQ,KK, JT, J8 or AJ here a lot of the time. Giving a free s.d. to those hands is pretty weak (except AJ) and he is calling all of them every time.

There is also some chance at this level that a better hand does not raise you, fearing you hit the straight.

I do agree it is a reasonabley close decision however.

DeathDonkey 12-09-2005 04:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Fairly standard check/call I think. He'll almost always bet worse hands that would call a bet but you aren't ahead often enough to checkraise.

[/ QUOTE ]

Put me down for check/call too.

-DeathDonkey

dankhank 12-09-2005 04:28 AM

it is close but i like bet/call for the simple fact the straight will scare off a lot of his raises, you have to get one bet in, and a check raise isn't viable.