Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium-Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   How would you play this? AKs NL 400 (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=403844)

fathand 12-23-2005 01:57 AM

How would you play this? AKs NL 400

Absolute Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.50/$1

6 players.

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is UTG+1 with :A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] :K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
UTG calls $1, <font color="red">Hero bets $4</font>, CO folds, <font color="red">Button raises to $10</font>, 3 folds, Hero calls $6.

Flop: :6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] :9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] :7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($22.5, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">Button bets $17</font>,

What would you do here?

Edit: Preview your post.

fathand 12-23-2005 01:58 AM

Re: How would you play this? AKs NL 400

Hero calls $17.

Turn: :6h ($56.5, 2 players)
Hero checks, [color=red]Button bets $78</font>,

How about here?

Hero folds.

Results:
Final pot: $134.5

Hand just irritated me.

Big_Jim 12-23-2005 02:23 AM

You should have led 3-bet the flop all in.

If you're going to check the flop, you need to check/raise all in. (Assuming 100- stacks)

As played, fold the turn.

12-23-2005 05:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]

If you're going to check the flop, you need to check/raise all in. (Assuming 100- stacks)

[/ QUOTE ]

Wooops I thought his hand was KK

12-23-2005 05:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Would you ever fold the flop Jim?

[/ QUOTE ]

I just noticed that you checked the flop. That's SOOOO BAD.

Jim, what would you do if the Hero had position and the Villain fire $17 into the pot? Call and then C/R turn on a non scare card?

Big_Jim 12-23-2005 05:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Jim, what would you do if the Hero had position and the Villain fire $17 into the pot? Call and then C/R turn on a non scare card?

[/ QUOTE ]

I would probably go all in.

12-23-2005 05:43 AM

Well first thing I would do is reraise the raiser to $40 total when he raised to $10, but since you didn't and were in this situation, I think you'd find yourself in a tough spot

I'd count my outs, 9 more diamonds to a nut flush, plus I'd feel confident that any King or Ace would give me top pair and the pot, so I'd give myself an additional 3 outs for the remaining Kings and 3 outs for the remaining Aces, for a total of 15 outs, the rule of 2 and 4 and you have a 60% chance after the flop and 30% chance still after the turn if it doesn't not improve your hand. I'd also factor in another .5% in case the turn and river are an 8 and a 5 not of diamonds to give you a split pot. I would with that information, raise probably all in and hope he folds, but not hate myself if he calls

wdeadwyler 12-23-2005 05:48 AM

I would bet/push the flop. If he smooth called me and the turn blanked, against some opponents I would c/r all in. Some I would lead again, and some I would check and fold to a PSB.

Flop is standard bet/3bet. Turn (smoothcalled and bricked) is read dependent.

-Skeme- 12-23-2005 09:36 AM

You don't mean open push do you, wdead?

12-23-2005 09:46 AM

You definitely should bet/3-bet this flop. If you want to check it you have to c/r like Jim said. You are a favorite against TT-QQ, 12 outs still against KK and 9 against AA.

Check calling is bad. . . you need to be applying some pressure in the hand and producing some fold equity.