Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   pot big enough to call down? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=401403)

jt1 12-19-2005 02:37 PM

pot big enough to call down?

Villian is unknown. Pot small enough to fold? Preflop, I've been just limping here, recently. I used to raise to gain the initiative but for no reason, lately, I've started limping. Any comments about that?

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB checks.

Flop: (3.33 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, UTG calls.

Turn: (2.66 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 5.66 BB

jba 12-19-2005 02:42 PM

Re: pot big enough to call down?

I wouldn't call down here. I think the pot is small enough.

not sure about preflop but I don't think it's a big deal either way...

ejay 12-19-2005 03:25 PM

I would raise preflop and call down after being raised. I dont know if this is a bad play on my part.

car ramrod 12-19-2005 03:29 PM

If I had AJ I might call down, but I think we see a bigger J or an 8 most of the time. Pot is small enough to fold.

Stealthy 12-19-2005 05:33 PM

The only problem I see here is that as you are betting from the button as last to act when checked to on flop UTG might think you are full of it and betting without a hand. He might well have no Jack or 8 but just playing either a 5 or a smaller PP aggressively.

I have both folded and called here and think this is one of those grey areas. This is one of those call when running bad and fold when running well hands for me sadly!

bhudson 12-20-2005 12:11 AM

PF I would only raise if I think I have a very good chance of folding the BB, otherwise my hand isn't strong enough. In the absence of reads, I would assume UTG would have bet a J on the flop. So the question I ask is whether he is full of it and bluffing, or if he actually has the 8. You have to call 2 to win 6.66. Looks like a decent fold.

ArturiusX 12-20-2005 01:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Villian is unknown.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is your problem.