Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Quick poll: what's your play on the flop? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=322636)

Derek in NYC 08-25-2005 12:31 PM

Quick poll: what\'s your play on the flop?

Help me settle a dispute I'm having with DriveTT. What's your play on the flop?

Villain is TAG, but no specific reads.

Hero is on the Button with T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

1 MP limper, Hero raises, folds to BB who 3-bets, limper folds, Hero calls.

2 to the flop (7.5 SB)

Flop: 2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

BB bets...

08-25-2005 12:33 PM

Re: Quick poll: what\'s your play on the flop?

Don't know if it's correct but I'm calling and raising a non-A/K turn.

And folding to a 3-Bet.

Entity 08-25-2005 12:40 PM

I call. I usually -- though not always -- raise a blankish turn. I often bet the river for value after raising the turn (i.e. don't take a free showdown if everything blanks). And I get called by unpaired overs quite frequently.

Rob

Sarge85 08-25-2005 12:42 PM

HU i call
3-way I'd raise

Sarge[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Luv2DriveTT 08-25-2005 12:49 PM

For those who wonder, the dispute is related to this thread - LINK . So far I seem to take the same route the majority takes (although I have made a move on the flop before even though I don't think its the best way to proceed), Derek's path is discussed in the thread. Its an interesting thread and hand without a doubt.

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

chief444 08-25-2005 01:02 PM

Given the positions, I cap preflop to start with. BB's range is big here since he thinks you're stealing. But whatever. Probably doesn't matter much. I cap with a lot here so I cap with big hands as well.

The way you played it I call the flop and raise most turn cards. If the turn is an A or K I'm just calling. A-high or even a middle pocket pair are well within BB's range here and I think this line wins you the most as he's likely seeing a showdown. Raising the flop probably isn't that bad here since you're likely ahead but it slows down most hands you're ahead of...hands that will bet the turn again.

ReptileHouse 08-25-2005 01:06 PM

With the limper ahead of you, this doesn't look like a steal-defense from the BB, but it does look very much like an isolation raise and an auto-bet on the flop. I want to raise it to find out. If I call here, I have a harder time figuring out what to do on the turn if a blank hits.

meep_42 08-25-2005 03:36 PM

Who are the 2 that fold this? Can you explain why?

-d

rydazzle 08-25-2005 03:45 PM

tough. I voted "call", but almost equally wanted to raise to see if the bet was auto-bet with overs. If Im re-raised I slow down and call down if turn/river blank. If I am flat called I bet turn on blank.

Entity 08-25-2005 04:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Who are the 2 that fold this? Can you explain why?

-d

[/ QUOTE ]

jason_t and his laggier friend, Bob Caffione.