Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   absolute poker (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=205043)

noddyholder 03-01-2005 05:19 PM

absolute poker

I am thinking about playing there for their bonuses. Anyone play there? Looks like its the best place for bonuses. Thanks.

crownjules 03-01-2005 05:28 PM

Re: absolute poker

I didn't really enjoy it that much. You have a 10x raked hands bonus, so in order to clear a $100 bonus you have to play 1000 raked hands. Full ring games are usually tight (but weak), SH are loose (and fairly aggressive). You'll usually find about 5-6 SH games and 3-4 full ring at the lower limits, so in other words you don't have much table selection. Software is decent, although on a couple of occasions it took me awhile to connect.

beerbandit 03-01-2005 05:44 PM

not the site if you are interested in playing bigger games, there are hardly ever any decent plo8 or plo games going

i rarely play nl they seem to go pretty well, sngs not bad

mainly play money games, there are a million of those bastsards going --- support is pretty good there, they have gotten back with me pretty quickly every time ive sent an email

cheers

Kablooie 03-01-2005 06:24 PM

I signed up there last week, and so far i quite like it. Game selection is definitely an issue, i play NL and there's usually only 5-6 tables at the low levels i'm at. Also the software seems to have a few bugs, and seems to get very slow after several hours of play. (forcing a restart).

On the plus side, the bonuses clear at a fairly steadily clip, and they don't deduct them from the rake rebate.

Uglyowl 03-01-2005 06:37 PM

I don't mind it if there are no other bonuses to clear.

SamJack 03-01-2005 06:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I am thinking about playing there for their bonuses. Anyone play there? Looks like its the best place for bonuses. Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's a chore. I have a bit of uncleared bonuses there but I probably won't go back.

Not as many players as party. (thus fewer fish and harder table selection).

Game seems tighter than party.

Bonus takes a long time to clear.

SamJack

popniklas 03-01-2005 06:38 PM

where did you get your rake rebate for absolute poker?

(btw anyone knows about rakeback for pacific or paradise?)

beerbandit 03-02-2005 12:27 PM

do you have more info on the rakeback?

cheers

Kablooie 03-02-2005 01:42 PM

I believe it's against forum rules to actually post who i'm with, but i'll PM you with the details. Basically i'm getting 20%, and Absolute doesn't deduct bonuses, so it's turned out to be more than i expected. I usually just single table while i'm coding/reading papers, and so they're a perfect site for that.

Shoe 03-02-2005 02:30 PM

Darn i missed out on rakeback at absolute. I just created an acocunt there solely for bonus whoring, I wish I would have known that ahead of time. Does anyone know if I can just close my account and open a new one right away or if I need to wait a certain period of time?