Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro-Limits (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   2-bet, 3-bet definition? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=404250)

12-23-2005 07:23 PM

2-bet, 3-bet definition?

I'm new to all of this. What is the definition of the terms "2-bet" and "3-bet".

Thank you.

Eric

Vote4Pedro 12-23-2005 07:24 PM

Re: 2-bet, 3-bet definition?

Bet= 1Bet
Raise= 2Bet
Reraise= 3bet

12-23-2005 07:38 PM

Thank you, Vote4Pedro.

A couple more abbreviations have me clueless. They are, as quoted from posts here:

I will be getting PT (and PA HUD)
Lots of LPPs and LAG's. Some nights I never see another TAG and maybe one TPP at the entire table

By the way, if there is somewhere I can find these abbreviations in a list or glossary, please direct me to it. I did several online searches for 2bet, 2-bet, and two bet, and got no informative hits in google.

Thanks again, Vote4Pedro.

Eric

Vote4Pedro 12-23-2005 07:42 PM

I think some of the definitions are listed in the FAQ at the top of the page.

PT=Poker Tracker
PA HUD=Poker Ace Heads Up Display(i think)-Its an add on to poker tracker that provides you with live stats on opponents
TAG=Referring to Poker Tracker Player Ratings...TAG=TightAggressive preflop, Aggressive post flop

12-23-2005 07:52 PM

Thanks again, I'll check the FAQ.

I thought the world of doctors and lawyers had a lot of "jargon" [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].

Eric

VoraciousReader 12-23-2005 08:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I thought the world of doctors and lawyers had a lot of "jargon" [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].

Eric

[/ QUOTE ]

So, I was HU in a NL SNG with this TPP (VPIP 12, PFR 2, AF .8) at PP w/K4o in the SB. I raise 4XBB, he calls,...flop 44Kr...he's AI, I pwn.

macdaddy991 12-23-2005 08:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]

So, I was HU in a NL SNG with this TPP (VPIP 12, PFR 2, AF .8) at PP w/K4o in the SB. I raise 4XBB, he calls,...flop 44Kr...he's AI, I pwn.

[/ QUOTE ]

If they are going to donk you and you think they are TAG then you should C/F. If they are LAG then you should get aggro and C/R. Why are you playing SNG's anyway, rings are much more profitable and your earn is more. NL,PL or FL, always a solid bet. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

12-23-2005 09:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Eric

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

AI TPP t/o KK. OMFG YHING! FWIW, IMHO UR OWND. ROFLMAO [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]