Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Q3s in the SB? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=320691)

Redeye 08-22-2005 09:19 PM

Q3s in the SB?

I thought this hand was a little tricky, maybe because I shouldn't have been in it in the first place. Is this complete bad? CO and Button are loose, CO will bet light, button may be passive but I'm not totally sure. I also feel like I played this badly other than the river and maybe the flop.

Should I have bet out on the turn?

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls, Button calls, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (4 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Button calls, Hero calls, BB calls.

Turn: (4 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, CO checks, Button checks.

River: (4 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, CO calls, Button folds.

Final Pot: 6 BB

wackjob 08-22-2005 09:30 PM

Re: Q3s in the BB?

Lots of people say playing suited cards like this in this situation is profitable. I'd rather fold PF &amp; save the good possibility of a difficult hand to play out of position.

Redeye 08-22-2005 09:59 PM

Re: Q3s in the BB?

[ QUOTE ]
Lots of people say playing suited cards like this in this situation is profitable. I'd rather fold PF &amp; save the good possibility of a difficult hand to play out of position.

[/ QUOTE ]

You may be right, but I played it and I'd still like an opinion on the hand. This type of situation happens a lot in the BB also.

dave44 08-23-2005 10:25 AM

Re: Q3s in the SB?

This is a tricky hand, but I like how you played it. I'm surprised to see any questions about the complete since its one I'd make everytime. The flop looks OK- I'd bet out if it was only 2 other players, but with 3 I'd like a better idea of how the other players feel about their hands before I put any money in. After the turn checks through and the river blanks, a river bet is the only way to go.

mikeyKay 08-23-2005 10:32 AM

i dont see the point in betting into 3 players on turn. maybe CR the flop to gain some equity, but i think i play it about the same. i think there is value in the river bet.

-mike

danzasmack 08-23-2005 10:42 AM

i think it's fine. If you lost this hand somebody else misplayed it IMO.