Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   In an Effort of Healing - Let Matty Buy You Lunch! * (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=352402)

IndieMatty 10-07-2005 09:58 AM

In an Effort of Healing - Let Matty Buy You Lunch! *

Ok, well things have been a bit hectic around here this week. There have been way too many squabbles, pissing matches and an overall bad feel in the air. I want you guys to be happy. So, I'm taking responsibility here. Everyone loves a good lunch thread; today has a twist; when you report your lunch please include its exact price. I will grade your lunch by letting you know how much "worth" it has. I.E if you go and spend 5.69, and I only agree with 1.85, that is your score. There are other things to consider like whether you are a total stranger/a jerk etc. (I don't want to blow $500 on you fools) but I promise to be as generous and as honest as I can at least for the first 20-25 people.

Also, to receive re-imbursement you must have a Stars account; at the end of the day PM me your screen name and the amount owed.

Peace,
Matt

10-07-2005 10:00 AM

Re: In an Effort of Healing - Let Matty Buy You Lunch! *

My boss is buying pizza for the office. Does that mean you'll pay me nothing, or what it is worth??

IndieMatty 10-07-2005 10:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
My boss is buying pizza for the office. Does that mean you'll pay me nothing, or what it is worth??

[/ QUOTE ]

Good question. Nothing. But report on it anyway. Don't be greedy, you're already getting free lunch!

Shajen 10-07-2005 10:06 AM

I like it. Good idea dude.

Now, what to eat for lunch....

MrWookie47 10-07-2005 10:08 AM

I'll be having a grilled Godfather sub from DiBella's. Grilled capicola, salami and prosciutto, provolone cheese, spicy mustard, mayo, lettuce, tomato, onions, hot peppers, and Italian dressing served on hard crusted multigrain bread. A Coke to drink. Total cost is $7.53.

miajag81 10-07-2005 10:13 AM

I will be having lunch at City Cafe on Eager St. in Baltimore. I will be enjoying an Italian Turkey Focaccia sandwich, which is composed of a generous portion of sliced turkey breast on thick focaccia bread with lettuce, tomatoes, onions and sun-dried tomato pesto dressing. It comes with a side of fries, and I will likely be having an iced tea along with it. The sandwich is $8.95, tea $2.00, not including tax. If you would like to confirm prices the menu is available here

If you like I can take a camera phone picture later to confirm I actually got it.

IndieMatty 10-07-2005 10:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If you like I can take a camera phone picture later to confirm I actually got it.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is not necesary. But, pretty funny. I should elaborate that I will be favoring trusted OOT posters with reimbursement; you are trusted sir.

daryn 10-07-2005 10:20 AM

hmm this sounds cool, i want in. i'm hoping to reserve a spot by chiming in early.. when i actually get the lunch i'll come back to report!

IndieMatty 10-07-2005 10:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
hmm this sounds cool, i want in. i'm hoping to reserve a spot by chiming in early.. when i actually get the lunch i'll come back to report!

[/ QUOTE ]

This should be the proper procedure.

RunDownHouse 10-07-2005 10:21 AM

I'm poor. My lunch today:

Kroger brand Classic Chicken Noodle Soup. $1.50 with my Kroger card!

Rice with soy sauce and hoisin sauce. Maybe $0.50?

2 cans Diet Coke. A 12-pack for $3 with my Kroger card puts this at about $0.50 as well.

Total: $2.50