Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium-Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   Trip aces in a tough spot, easy fold? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=408313)

Karak567 12-31-2005 05:20 PM

Trip aces in a tough spot, easy fold?

Villain is an unknown. I thought I'd take advantage of the button and try to take this pot preflop. I think this is an easy turn fold, no?

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 max, 5 handed) internettexasholdem.com

Hero ($199)
SB ($567.52)
BB ($165.89)
UTG ($105.95)
MP ($318.93)

Preflop: Hero is Button with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $1. MP posts a blind of $3.
UTG calls $2, MP (poster) checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $15</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls $13, UTG folds, MP folds.

Flop: ($36) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $30</font>, BB calls $30.

Turn: ($96) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB insta pushes, Hero folds.

12-31-2005 05:29 PM

Re: Trip aces in a tough spot, easy fold?

against a typical donk? yeah. against a tag who knows what pot odds are? insta call.

edit: upon further thought i hate this line. i think a fold is in order. you're outkicked if he's tight, and 88 is pretty likely, if he thinks you play flush draws aggressively. and if he's loose he just drew out on you.

12-31-2005 05:32 PM

Depending on UTG raising here can be acceptable

And yeah I vote an easy fold on the turn. He's probably not pulling the 2-street cold-call-then-bluff-push the turn move, so you aren't beating anything. ok, small small chance of 99-KK with a [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] but I doubt it

tradingman123 12-31-2005 06:51 PM

Fold... your Ace is not big enuf and he likely has a you drawing to 3 outs...

UOPokerPlayer 12-31-2005 07:37 PM

I need a read to make this call, and a lot of the times I do. Looks like he's afraid of the third spade with his trips.

I hate the pf raise, your hand is speculative, and can flop big and stack somebody, you're cutting your implied odds and shutting out hands that you would be ahead of on flop like this. Save that move for a hand that flops one pair well, (does well heads up).

12-31-2005 08:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I hate the pf raise, your hand is speculative, and can flop big and stack somebody,

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't get it wouldn't that make the hand not so speculative?

Or are you saying you would only flop big and stack someone in a limped pot?

ansky451 12-31-2005 08:32 PM

Pretty easy fold I think.

Why the giant pf raise?