Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Deuces Wild (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=245751)

Garland 05-04-2005 07:12 PM

Deuces Wild

The opponent is loose VP$IP = 38.59 with PF Raise % = 4.35, and I victimized him once on a check-raise on this hand not too long before the main hand:

Ultimate Bet No-Limit Hold'em, $4 BB (9 handed) converter

saw flop|<font color="#C00000">saw showdown</font>

MP2 ($826.90)
MP3 ($735.20)
CO ($544)
Button ($507.70)
SB ($396)
Garland ($400)
UTG ($527.50)
UTG+1 ($429)
MP1 ($239)

Preflop: Garland is BB with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP2 calls $4, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls $4, Button calls $4, SB completes, Garland checks.

Flop: ($20) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, Garland checks, MP2 checks, CO checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets $8</font>, SB folds, <font color="#CC3333">Garland raises to $26</font>, MP2 folds, CO folds, Button folds.

Final Pot: $54

Results below:
No showdown. Garland wins $54.

Button villian showed A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] to "show" he wasn't really stealing.

Now for the real hand:

Ultimate Bet No-Limit Hold'em, $4 BB (7 handed) converter

BB ($818.90)
UTG ($735.20)
MP1 ($530)
MP2 ($501.20)
Garland ($420.20)
Button ($519.50)
SB ($255.60)

Preflop: Garland is CO with 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls $4, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises to $18</font>, Garland calls $18, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP1 calls $14.

Flop: ($60) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets $20</font>, Garland calls $20, MP1 calls $20.

Turn: ($120) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets $20</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Garland raises to $60</font>, MP1 folds, MP2 calls $40.

River: ($240) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets $20</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Garland raises to $180</font>...

All commments appreciated.

Garland

iceman5 05-04-2005 08:18 PM

Re: Deuces Wild

I dont mean to hijack this thread, but in hand #1...if he makes a real bet (like full pot) do you fold?

Garland 05-04-2005 08:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I dont mean to hijack this thread, but in hand #1...if he makes a real bet (like full pot) do you fold?

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't have a read on him up to that point, so yes I would. His $8 on the flop was weak, so I decided to test him out. In this session, I had been experimenting with aggression facing weakness with marginal/nothing hands.

Garland

warlockjd 05-05-2005 02:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Button villian showed AJ to "show" he wasn't really stealing.

[/ QUOTE ]

God, I wish Party had this feature.

Also a live straddle option.

PoBoy321 05-05-2005 02:19 AM

Wait, is MP in hand 2 Button in hand 1? I'm not sure how much I like your line. I mean, he's shown that he is capable of folding, but it looks like he has no interest in going anywhere in this hand. I'm not sure how I feel about it.

However, from hand #1, his weak bet really meant a weak hand, so I guess that it could be a weak hand here. But of course, if he knows that you know that a weak bet means a weak hand, he may be using a weak lead, but if he knows that you know that he knows...

flawless_victory 05-05-2005 06:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Button villian showed AJ to "show" he wasn't really stealing.

[/ QUOTE ]

God, I wish Party had this feature.

Also a live straddle option.

[/ QUOTE ]my friend was sweating me yesterday and we were complaining that we could do neither of these things... i also would like to be able to show only one card, preferably while the hand was still live...

Garland 05-05-2005 10:10 PM

Results and thoughts...

I was targeting my weak opponent, and I felt the key was the turn where I may not have raised enough. Once he called, I thought "opps". I needed to correct my error on the river, and I believe he was putting out the blocking bet to get me to concede a weak hand that could stand a showdown.

Well, I would have none of that and raised a decent amount. Enough to convince my opponent I have a monster or nothing at all. He thought for about 20 seconds and then folded.

*whew*

Garland

tpir90036 05-05-2005 11:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't have a read on him up to that point, so yes I would. His $8 on the flop was weak, so I decided to test him out. In this session, I had been experimenting with aggression facing weakness with marginal/nothing hands.

Garland

[/ QUOTE ]
A check-raise like this is basically a bluff even though we probably have the best hand, right? And by a "bluff" I mean that we don't expect a better hand to fold or a worse hand to call.

I definitely like the play. But bets that are neither for value or as a bluff always confuse me.

creedofhubris 05-06-2005 03:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Garland

[/ QUOTE ]
A check-raise like this is basically a bluff even though we probably have the best hand, right? And by a "bluff" I mean that we don't expect a better hand to fold or a worse hand to call.

I definitely like the play. But bets that are neither for value or as a bluff always confuse me.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would've liked a bigger checkraise.

But there is value to betting enough to end the hand right there, since opponent is capable of improving.

tpir90036 05-06-2005 10:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
But there is value to betting enough to end the hand right there, since opponent is capable of improving.

[/ QUOTE ]
Sure, I understand trying to end the hand immediately. But it would seem we are not really expecting to get called by a worse hand.