Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Billy Wagner (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=386972)

11-28-2005 05:29 PM

Billy Wagner

Reported on WFAN in New York:

Wagner is said to have agreed in principle to a deal to bring him to the Mets.

Russ McGinley 11-28-2005 06:21 PM

Re: Billy Wagner

Linky

Sluss 11-28-2005 06:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The deal is for four years, $40 million and could be worth as much as $50 million as it includes a fifth-year option for $10 million. The fifth year also includes a buyout of $3 million, bringing the guaranteed total to $43 million. The deal is expected to be finalized on Tuesday.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, he really needs to send the Blue Jays a thank you card. 3 years $30 million is a bit much, Four years $40 million is stupid and I'll marry Rosie O'Donnell and make sweet love to her every day for the rest of her life if he makes it to a fifth year. The man will be 35 in July!

Shows you how stupid the Phillies are. He could have been had for 3 years and $27 million in June.

Does anyone else see doom in the Mets for the 500th time here for the Mets? Talk about not learning from history.

James282 11-28-2005 07:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Does anyone else see doom in the Mets for the 500th time here for the Mets? Talk about not learning from history.

[/ QUOTE ]

This quote makes no sense.

LET'S
GO
METS!

LET'S
GO
METS!

LET'S
GO
METS!
-James

hoyaboy1 11-28-2005 10:10 PM

As a Phillies fan, I am very excited to see him go. No way is an injury-risk closer worth anywhere near that much dough or that many years. I'd much rather have the picks.

Voltron87 11-28-2005 10:16 PM

my god are the mets a trainwreck

11-28-2005 11:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
As a Phillies fan, I am very excited to see him go. No way is an injury-risk closer worth anywhere near that much dough or that many years. I'd much rather have the picks.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're lying to yourself. You'll see next season.

Gary

Voltron87 11-29-2005 12:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Gary

[/ QUOTE ]

no way is wagner worth what the mets are giving him

James282 11-29-2005 12:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Gary

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Just curious - you are a Yankees fan, right?

Then you'll understand the decision to overspend when it will significantly improve your team in the next couple of years.
-James

Jack of Arcades 11-29-2005 05:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Gary

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Who cares.