Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   88- rework my line (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=362380)

flair1239 10-21-2005 11:00 AM

88- rework my line

Hero has black 88

Button is 28/15/2.5, pretty heavy aggression rating on the flop 2.9ish, with like a 30% fold to flop bet (so I am taking it that his aggression is a product of raising and betting rather than folding often), turn he goes down to a 2 for aggression and is showing a 50% fold to turn bet. This is all over 350 hands. I have seen a lot of him the last couple weeks and he is a pain in the ass. I have not yet decided whether I respect his play, as he has some lagtard tendencies.

PF: UTG2 hero raises, Button 3-bets, hero calls.

Flop: A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Hero checks, Button bets, Hero calls.

Turn: T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Hero checks, button bets, hero raises, button calls.

River: 2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Hero bets

Nick Royale 10-21-2005 11:15 AM

Re: 88- rework my line

What 3-betting range do you have on him preflop? Depending on this I actually think folding this flop could be ok. If he'll 3-bet hands like KJo I'm not folding. I think this line commits an awfully lot of money in a pot where we're often up against a pair of aces or AA-TT, hands I don't think we'll get this player to lay down. Since you've seen this player a lot lately, do you think he have a read on you as a a TAG? That would make me even more inclined to fold the flop.

Getting to the river the way you did I think check/call>>bet. I don't think he'll lay down a better hand nor call with a worse. Since he's aggressive I think it's better to let him bluff at it.

Chris Daddy Cool 10-21-2005 11:19 AM

he is never folding this river with a hand that beats you.

spoohunter 10-21-2005 11:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You are beat more than 50% of the time on the river.

Nick Royale 10-21-2005 11:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You are beat more than 50% of the time on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]
No kidding. That doesn't necissairly make the bet bad though, but I think it definately is.

flair1239 10-21-2005 11:31 AM

I considered check folding the flop. Does anyone like that?

adios 10-21-2005 11:35 AM

I kind of do. Alot depends on his range of 3-betting hands. How would you play an AK or maybe a better question is how do you think the player in question thinks you'd play AK because I think that's the hand you're trying to represent (or another big Ace type hand) no?

Brunger 10-21-2005 11:38 AM

I don't think we need to go to show down here my default is to give up on the flop,is that bad, and I really don't like the river bet after he calls the turn.

Nick Royale 10-21-2005 11:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I considered check folding the flop. Does anyone like that?

[/ QUOTE ]
Read my post? I do. I think that's the line I like the most.

flair1239 10-21-2005 11:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I kind of do. Alot depends on his range of 3-betting hands. How would you play an AK or maybe a better question is how do you think the player in question thinks you'd play AK because I think that's the hand you're trying to represent (or another big Ace type hand) no?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, you are right. AK I probably C/R the flop against this player (Ironically for reasons which make my original line absolutely suck).

What happend is I checked the flop with the intention of folding. But when he bet, I changed my mind and considered raising... but I did not like his stats for getting him out if all he had were overcards.

So I called. My call irritated me. Because I thought [censored]... now if I donk he is just going to raise and I am going to have to fold, and I was pretty irritated... because check/calling seemed pretty pointless (although less expensive then what I did). So my turn/river spew was kind of trying to make up for screwing up the flop.

I think I basically took the worst line possible here.