Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro-Limits (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   $0.5/1 KK Hand. Was I too aggressive. (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=387777)

lem45216 11-29-2005 05:48 PM

$0.5/1 KK Hand. Was I too aggressive.

Hi all. I've just switched over to Limit HE from the sngs to see how i fair so i'll probably be frequenting this forum for the forseeable future. Pleased to meet you all.

Anyway the hand below happened about 10 minutes into my limit career so i had no reads so far. I'm pretty sure I played it right, but am not sure about my play on the river. I'd be grateful if you could give your opinions on the whole scenario.

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. UTG posts a blind of $0.50.
1 fold, MP1 raises, 1 fold, Hero 3-bets, 2 folds, SB calls, 1 fold, MP1 calls.

Flop: (10 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img](4 players)
SB checks, MP1 bets, Hero raises, SB calls, MP1 3-bets, Hero caps, SB folds, MP1 calls.

Turn: (10 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 players)
MP1 bets, Hero raises, MP1 calls.

River: (14 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 players)
MP1 bets, Hero raises, MP1 3-bets, Hero caps, MP1 calls.

Final Pot: 22 BB

Thanks everyone.

jaxUp 11-29-2005 05:50 PM

Re: $0.5/1 KK Hand. Was I too aggressive.

I like it until the river cap. I think I like a raise, because I have a hard time putting him on a FD. I think a set is much more likely. Once he 3-bets, it's time to call.

Welcome to the micros.

bozlax 11-29-2005 05:52 PM

Ooft. I think you're clearly up against a spade draw that didn't want to give you a freebie on the turn. I just call the river bet, and hope to see JJ. Up to the river, tho, I'm on board.

silly_monkey 11-29-2005 05:53 PM

No. MP1 raised preflop and 3 bet the flop. I think the chances that you are up against a flush a pretty small. I'd cap here and like it. I think the only hand you should be afraid of is A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].

MadMat 11-29-2005 05:53 PM

I think I'd have just called the 3-bet on the river, I think you have to start to be a little wary of the flush at that point - apart from that all the other streets look great to me!

sean c 11-29-2005 05:56 PM

Villian may have backed into a flush with the K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. Unlikely but possible. Right or wrong i would have capped the river.

RiverDood 11-29-2005 05:56 PM

Make sure you put SB on your buddy list. Anyone who plays the flop like he did can brighten up a whole table!!

11-29-2005 05:59 PM

We are just calling that river bet. He could be playing the flop aggressively with top pair and the flush draw, based on the stop & go turn action. If he's bluffing the scare card on the river, he loses 1 bet when we call him down. If he has a legitimate hand we cannot beat, then we are getting 3-bet here often. I am calling this against most villains, except the most lagtard. The other streets are standard.

Coolidge 11-29-2005 06:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think I'd have just called the 3-bet on the river, I think you have to start to be a little wary of the flush at that point - apart from that all the other streets look great to me!

[/ QUOTE ]

ditto

DCWildcat 11-29-2005 06:17 PM

Villain's line is goofy as hell.

There's no way I'm capping here though.

AlmightyJay 11-29-2005 06:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hi all. I've just switched over to Limit HE from the sngs to see how i fair so i'll probably be frequenting this forum for the forseeable future. Pleased to meet you all.

Anyway the hand below happened about 10 minutes into my limit career so i had no reads so far. I'm pretty sure I played it right, but am not sure about my play on the river. I'd be grateful if you could give your opinions on the whole scenario.

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. UTG posts a blind of $0.50.
1 fold, MP1 raises, 1 fold, Hero 3-bets, 2 folds, SB calls, 1 fold, MP1 calls.

Flop: (10 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img](4 players)
SB checks, MP1 bets, Hero raises, SB calls, MP1 3-bets, Hero caps, SB folds, MP1 calls.

Turn: (10 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 players)
MP1 bets, Hero raises, MP1 calls.

River: (14 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 players)
MP1 bets, Hero raises, MP1 3-bets, Hero caps, MP1 calls.

Final Pot: 22 BB

Thanks everyone.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cap on the river is too much. He's got something like AK[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] too often.

lem45216 11-29-2005 06:24 PM

Thanks for the responses everyone. I generally thought i played it fine until the turn. Certainly not going for any slowplaying here so I just decided to keep my finger on that raise button to maximise the pot. Should I be careful as to not give the villain too good a pot odds to perhaps catch a flush or straight, or is there really nothing i can do about that in this situation?

11-29-2005 06:27 PM

I like everything except for capping the river.

EDIT: I am also really surprised by everyone saying we should not raise this river. I am weak-tighter than most and I think it's a really easy raise.

11-29-2005 06:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks for the responses everyone. I generally thought i played it fine until the turn. Certainly not going for any slowplaying here so I just decided to keep my finger on that raise button to maximise the pot. Should I be careful as to not give the villain too good a pot odds to perhaps catch a flush or straight, or is there really nothing i can do about that in this situation?

[/ QUOTE ]

In a heads up situation you should not be thinking about this. You have the best hand, bet/raise for value.

lem45216 11-29-2005 06:30 PM

Right, thanks tehox. That does make sense.

sean c 11-29-2005 06:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You can't protect against flush draws. I would really like to know what exact two cards villian had. I am having a really hard time putting him on a naked flush draw. PM me with his hand if you don't mind.

Goodnews 11-29-2005 06:35 PM

Looks good to me

edit: I like everything here, from preflop action I am going to have to put SB on JJ or 88. Don't know why the flush is such a big concern for everybody, what does SB CC PF?

11-29-2005 06:36 PM

***grunch***

I don't think he's betting into you again on the river unless he hit his flush. I probably just call on the river.

11-29-2005 07:36 PM

Looks pretty standard to me.

Abbaddabba 11-29-2005 08:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks for the responses everyone. I generally thought i played it fine until the turn. Certainly not going for any slowplaying here so I just decided to keep my finger on that raise button to maximise the pot. Should I be careful as to not give the villain too good a pot odds to perhaps catch a flush or straight

[/ QUOTE ]

The reason they have odds is because they voluntarily put so much in as a huge dog.

Dont neglect getting value because you're scared of something arbitrary like that.

I dont think capping the river is a big deal
If there was a 5 bet cap, i'd say to just call the 3bet for sure.

He's going to make this move with any set too.... and there are only two reasonable hands that have you beat that play it this way (KQs and AKs).