Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Televised Poker (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   GG Steve Danneman (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=365529)

A_Junglen 10-25-2005 10:36 PM

GG Steve Danneman

Well for those that didn't watch the WSOP this week, Steve Danneman was finally given some coverage. I won't lie..he fits my perceived vision of him nicely. I thought it was really funny how he was on his phone like a little kid about Lederer, and frankly when I think "donkey" the person I envision looks strikingly similar to Mr. Danneman.

A_C_Slater 10-25-2005 10:40 PM

Re: GG Steve Danneman

The guy made runner up in the deep stacked slow blind increasing main event through a field of 6000+. He's not a donkey. No matter how ESPN wants to spin it that way.

From what I hear he tends toward a more tight/conservative almost rock-like play then ultra loose "gotta defend my big blind" with any 2 donkey.

UATrewqaz 10-25-2005 10:43 PM

That's horrible logic. A completely clueless, idiotic player could easily make a final table if the deck hits them in the face and they suck out in key big pots.

A semi-compitent, ok player stands an even better chance.

1 deep run in a big tournament does not a good player make. Let's track Steve's future tournies and see how "good" he is.

A_Junglen 10-25-2005 10:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The guy made runner up in the deep stacked slow blinded main event through a field of 6000+. He's not a donkey. No matter how ESPN wants to spin it that way.

From what I hear he tends toward a more tight/conservative almost rock-like play then ultra loose "gotta defend my big blind" with any 2 donkey.

[/ QUOTE ]

You make it sound like ESPN could have portrayed him differently. Just look at him...

A_C_Slater 10-25-2005 10:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
That's horrible logic. A completely clueless, idiotic player could easily make a final table if the deck hits them in the face and they suck out in key big pots.

A semi-compitent, ok player stands an even better chance.

1 deep run in a big tournament does not a good player make. Let's track Steve's future tournies and see how "good" he is.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just said he's not a typical donkey "home game" player. I'm not claiming he's World Class.

BillFranklin 10-26-2005 12:32 AM

I remember reading an article where Danneman admitted to being only 4th best player in his regular home game. Doesn't sound that great to me.

Not saying for sure if the guy is donkey (it's had to make that assesment based on the 3-4 hans we saw) but it certainly seems that way. From all accounts he had a decent shot at winning but basically gave up in final hand and went all in because he was tired.

And yes i believe that it is possible for a donkey to get lucky and win a deep stacked tournament. (i.e. Danny Nguyen and some others)

gobboboy 10-26-2005 12:37 AM

He obviously has some skill, he did buyin to the tournament directly instead of qualifying through a satellite. He's not punting 10k without knowing he has a better than average shot.

NLfool 10-26-2005 01:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
He obviously has some skill, he did buyin to the tournament directly instead of qualifying through a satellite. He's not punting 10k without knowing he has a better than average shot.

[/ QUOTE ]

He's a Mortgage Banker/CPA I'm sure he can afford it whether he can play or not. Hell Kate Hudson's brother went bought in for 10k and lost on the first hand to Sammy Farha. Yeah it was a full house but it was tens full on a AAT board (first hand).

ligastar 10-26-2005 01:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He's a Mortgage Banker/CPA I'm sure he can afford it whether he can play or not. Hell Kate Hudson's brother went bought in for 10k and lost on the first hand to Sammy Farha. Yeah it was a full house but it was tens full on a AAT board (first hand).

[/ QUOTE ]

The money went in when the board was AATQ. The flop was checked by him and Sammy.

cold_cash 10-26-2005 02:32 AM

The dude may or may not be a "donkey", but one thing is for sure: he's a dickhead.

Way to look like a douche on national TV.