Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   QJo, turn pickle (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=373555)

augie00 11-07-2005 02:14 PM

QJo, turn pickle

party 3/6, 6 handed

My image is probably very agressive and reckless, but really i'm not reckless.

I openraise QJo utg. sometimes I fold this, this time i raised. all fold, BB calls.

flop is Qxx two spades

BB leads, i raise, BB calls

turn is the 10 of spades

BB checks, i bet, BB raises, I???

I think the answer is pretty clear but I might be wrong.

Rubeskies 11-07-2005 02:16 PM

Re: QJo, turn pickle

Depends a lot on if you have a spade or a read.

augie00 11-07-2005 02:16 PM

i have no spade

jdl22 11-07-2005 02:36 PM

Is one of the x an 8 or 9?

stigmata 11-07-2005 02:41 PM

I would fold this UTG if my image was reckless and aggressive.

Lmn55d 11-07-2005 02:44 PM

fold. If you think you are gonna be bluff raised frequently when you bet this turn you are probably better off checking and calling a river bet despite the fact that if you are ahead he probably has a lot of outs to either a split or a win. The fact that he will bluff the river a ton or call with hands he wouldn't call with on the turn offsets this disadvantage.

That said, against almost all players i'm bet/folding.

11-07-2005 02:45 PM

"i open raise QJo utg" think about that . . .

normally, absent a read, this is a fold for me, but it sounds like BB thinks you're full of it and has the Qs or some other trash w/ 1 spade. 3bet/fold. check through the river.

11-07-2005 02:46 PM

C'mon folks. People are getting really lazy in the way they're posting hands. This is one of about ten hands I've read today that leave out important and even really basic info. Do you have a spade? What are the "xx" on the flop? What's your read on BB?

If you want (a) people to take the time to give you a thoughtful response, and (b) to get a response that's meaningful, then more information is needed.

augie00 11-07-2005 04:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Do you have a spade?

[/ QUOTE ]

Isn't it obvious I do not have a spade?

[ QUOTE ]
What are the "xx" on the flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

Insignificant cards that I don't remember, that don't have anything to do with the hand. Hence, the x.

[ QUOTE ]
What's your read on BB?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't have one. I play 6-10 tables at once. Unless I notice someone unusual I simply assume they are a typical 3/6 idiot. If I think someone is out of line I normally note that in a post. But then again when people are out of line my decisions are often much easier.

So thanks for your (a) thoughtful and (b) meaningful response. Oh wait. None of the important and really basic info that you "require" is actually important at all. Please check all douches at the door.

augie00 11-07-2005 04:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would fold this UTG if my image was reckless and aggressive.

[/ QUOTE ]

I do fold this UTG quite often. This time I raised. I doubt this is a big leak.