Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   No balls in my son's sack. He's 6. Surgery needed? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=369096)

youtalkfunny 10-31-2005 05:30 PM

No balls in my son\'s sack. He\'s 6. Surgery needed?

No, I wasn't feeling the kid up.

I've been without health insurance for a few months, so when I took the kid in, the doc decided he could pad the bill with a physical.

When the problem was discovered, he said he'd recommend a urologist to take a look. He said he'd need to find one who took Medicaid, and would get back to us with a name.

Instead, I get a call from an appointment center, telling me to take the kid to the surgery clinic at the Childrens Hospital on January 3. The girl booking appointments, of course, can shed no light on anything but the world of appointments.

Obviously, I'll be looking for a MEDICALLY LICENSED second opinion before wheeling the kid in for surgery, and this post is not intended to replace that (so don't bother with, "Don't ask us, ask a doctor," as I intend to do both).

Anybody got a son who was late, uh, laying those eggs?

jakethebake 10-31-2005 05:32 PM

Re: No balls in my son\'s sack. He\'s 6. Surgery needed?

You have a 6 year old and no insurance? Wtf?

phixxx 10-31-2005 05:34 PM

I've heard about children who have gone for much longer than 6 years without their balls dropping. I wouldn't worry TOO much, but I may go and see the doctor. If I recall correctly, there's some sort of drink that helps them decend?

Or maybe I'm wrong.

wh1t3bread 10-31-2005 05:35 PM

First of all...

[ QUOTE ]
You have a 6 year old and no insurance? Wtf?

[/ QUOTE ]

Second of all. A quick google search unearthed this site.

By reading around here for about 5 seconds it looks like your kid is under a much greater risk of testicular cancer if the problem isn't corrected. So hurry up and make that appointment.

istewart 10-31-2005 05:36 PM

POTD if this isn't true.

POTY if it is.

samjjones 10-31-2005 05:38 PM

I knew a kid who had this same affliction...had surgery when he was a little bit older. Its not as rare as you may think. Not sure if surgery at 6 is "too early", however. Everything turned out fine by his account.

LALDAAS 10-31-2005 05:39 PM

Balls dropping WTF...I didnt know this.

10-31-2005 05:39 PM

My cousin had a similar problem, he was 5 years old when they discovered it. His testicles had not descended to his scrotum. He had surgery and the problem was fixed. He's in his early twenties now, and I have not heard about any problems.

10-31-2005 05:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My cousin had a similar problem, he was 5 years old when they discovered it. His testicles had not descended to his scrotum. He had surgery and the problem was fixed. He's in his early twenties now, and I have not heard about any problems.

[/ QUOTE ]

How the [censored] did the parents not notice until he was 6? Did they not bathe him? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

drewjustdrew 10-31-2005 05:42 PM

It increases the risk of testicular cancer the longer they are up there. Also, when they reach puberty, supposedly there are discomfort issues. I had mine surgically dropped when I was about 10 and haven't had any issues to my knowledge since then. I also have a friend who needs it, but hasn't had it done. He says there is some discomfort sometimes. He has had children though, so no problem there.