Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   middle card pairs and the donkey donks (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=398540)

PokerBob 12-14-2005 07:45 PM

middle card pairs and the donkey donks

villain here is 45/12/1.7. Other than that i really don't know much about him. These turn spots are very confusing for me. Do I raise? If he's betting a draw, I need to charge his dumb ass. Im he is on total air, do I want to discourage him from firing again on the river? If I raise and he 3-bets, is it not an easy fold? Please tell me what to do.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP with T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (4.33 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

Turn: (3.16 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

LoaferGee12 12-14-2005 07:47 PM

Re: middle card pairs and the donkey donks

I always raise this. More often than not he'll be check-raising a set here. This looks like a pair of 4s that picked up a flush draw or more likely a 7 not wanting to give a free card.

12-14-2005 07:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I always raise this. More often than not he'll be check-raising a set here. This looks like a pair of 4s that picked up a flush draw or more likely a 7 not wanting to give a free card.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with the raise. The other possibility is just someone taking a shot on a scare card. 1.7AF, playing nearly half his hands is pretty aggressive. We still have an overpair.

The more interesting situation is when/if he 3bets. I probably call and see what happens on the river. If he just calls the turn and bets out again, I should probably fold, but will probably call.

deception5 12-14-2005 07:56 PM

It's a tough spot, I'd usually raise and I'm not convinced you can fold to a 3-bet here, this player may be pretty aggressive (although it's hard to be sure without his wtsd stat) and something like A7, 55, any 2 spades (especially with a pair to go along), 99/88 could 3-bet you here. If he folds a lot on the flop or turn then calling down may be a better option.

LoaferGee12 12-14-2005 07:57 PM

Yeah, I agree we gotta call down a 3-bet.

milesdyson 12-14-2005 07:59 PM

definitely raise. he has a 7/5/4/[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] flush draw extremely often, and players like this, in my experience, will check raise with a 6 here.

Aaron W. 12-14-2005 08:03 PM

Either call-call, or raise-call-call. I actually prefer the former against an unknown.

SomethingClever 12-14-2005 08:25 PM

Raise. Call down if 3-bet. They love to donkbluff the paired turn, don't they?

imported_leader 12-14-2005 08:30 PM

On this board, I'd raise. On other less drawy boards, I'd call and raise the river.

Wynton 12-15-2005 09:09 AM

I actually prefer to call down. There is a chance he really does have trips. There is a chance he's betting an improved draw. There is a chance the turn scared him.

But if he's semi-bluffing and you merely call, I believe there's a significant chance he's going to bet the river provided that you don't raise the turn.