Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   l4yer cake (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=406818)

Blarg 12-29-2005 12:52 AM

Re: l4yer cake

I haven't seen either Lock Stock nor Snatch, but don't think Layer Cake is one that's iffy -- it really deserves seeing. And I liked it quite a bit.

fluxrad 12-29-2005 12:56 AM

Layer Cake is a great movie. I don't understand why people always have to bring Lock Stock and Snatch into it, though (I'm talking to the other posters as well). If you're going to do that you'd better include [censored] like Get Carter, or the other half-million british underground flicks. How about Straw Dogs, or any other movie where a "crime" takes place "in or around England." Just appreciate Layer Cake for what it is.

Luckily, this is part of my movie critic litmus test. Since it's already [censored] obvious that Lock, Stock and Snatch were better movies anyone who decides to say "Yes, but Lock Stock, and Snatch were far better movies" when talking about Layer Cake gets my Pretentious Dickhole award. These are the same asshats that don't drink merlot anymore because the guy in Sideways said not to.

imported_anacardo 12-29-2005 01:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I haven't seen either Lock Stock nor Snatch, but don't think Layer Cake is one that's iffy -- it really deserves seeing. And I liked it quite a bit.

[/ QUOTE ]

Mad motherfuckin' upz to Blarg The Sage, Math ap Mathonwy of 2+2, on his ten thousandth post. May you be covered in imperishable glory, may death come swiftly to your enemies, may all your pots be live and may all your hands be monsters.

Flags high. Nevah Die.

smb394 12-29-2005 01:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think both Lock Stock and Snatch are much much better than Layer Cake. Snatch is one of my favorite movies. I barely liked Layer Cake.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lock Stock: agree
Snatch: strongly disagree. Snatch was a very poor man's Lock Stock and if it wasn't for Brad Pitt's gypsy character, it would be entirely forgettable.

Lock Stock > Layer Cake > Snatch

[/ QUOTE ]

Everyone who saw Lock Stock first prefers it, everyone who saw Snatch first prefers Snatch. I've never met someone who broke this pattern.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi, I'm breaking the trend. I'm KDawg(Keith)

[/ QUOTE ]

Same here. Saw Snatch first. Lock Stock > Snatch

Blarg 12-29-2005 01:10 AM

heheh where's my cake?

astroglide 12-29-2005 01:18 AM

i saw lock stock first and prefer snatch. big fan of brad pitt's character.

d10 12-29-2005 01:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
btw, I thought it was typically [censored] how they used Sienna Miller for about 2 minutes and yet advertised her as "in the movie"...although what should I really be expecting...

/nooob

[/ QUOTE ]

This is disappointing. I had never heard of this movie, but instantly decided I wanted to watch it when I opened this thread. Now, not so much.

dblgutshot 12-29-2005 01:53 AM

The whole plotline with the girl and the affair seemed kind of haphazardly cut into the movie. Either like they added it after, or had to cut a lot of it out. Didn't really seem to flow IMO.

Still I liked the movie, but am still wondering why people are spelling it 'L4yer'.

cjmewett 12-29-2005 02:00 AM

Don't NOT see it because you're concerned about the limited role that Sienna Miller plays. You should know in advance that her very brief appearance is well worth it. As in, she gets all made up in lingerie and looks [censored] hot.

ononimo 12-29-2005 02:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
but am still wondering why people are spelling it 'L4yer'.

[/ QUOTE ]

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y20...B0006HIPOK.jpg