Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Hand from 2+2 table last night (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=397093)

scotty34 12-12-2005 08:14 PM

Hand from 2+2 table last night

The table is currently 4-handed, with myself, jba, Spicymoose and PokerSparky. The game has been very aggressive, with steals and resteals everywhere.

I'm giving this hand from jba's perspective b/c I think that makes it more interesting. I believe my image is quite LAG, and I have also been making strange and tricky plays (some dumb). I would 3-bet PF here with any A, any PP, and probably any two cards over 10.

jba is in the SB with 5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Sparky and Spicymoose fold. jba raises, and I 3-bet, jba calls.

Flop comes 3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
jba checks, I bet, he C/R, I 3-bet and he caps.

Turn T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
jba bets and I call.

River T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

How is the play so far? What is the plan for the river?

12-12-2005 08:42 PM

Re: Hand from 2+2 table last night

At first, I didn't like the flop cap as it just encourages Scotty to slow down with missed overs on later streets. On further reflection, though, a cap is nice. Our equity is approaching 50 percent (somewhere between 9.5 and 14.5 outs, depending on if our two pair or trips outs are tainted) and if he's really on overcards we don't want to give him a free card on the turn. If we get raised on the turn we're really only putting in two bets, as we're folding UI when we don't hit trips, two pair or the straight.

If there's no raise against us on the turn, I like bet/folding the river. Occasionally, Scotty might also fold a better 4 on the river, even if this chance is approaching 0 % :-).

Overall, it looks good, even though I desperately wanted to say it was wrong.

POKhER 12-12-2005 08:49 PM

bet the river? Last ditch attempt to win the pot? me thinks 5 high wont win often [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

I'd prob not of capped the flop.

p.s. What stakes? Pm me next time theres 2+2 table if you can mate [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Weatherhead03 12-12-2005 08:52 PM

jba has a pair of 4's as well.

scotty34 12-12-2005 08:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
bet the river? Last ditch attempt to win the pot? me thinks 5 high wont win often [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

I'd prob not of capped the flop.

p.s. What stakes? Pm me next time theres 2+2 table if you can mate [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

He doesn't have 5 high, he has a pair of 4's.

This was at 3/6, but I don't think we will play at that limit next time, as the rake is obscene.

jba 12-12-2005 08:56 PM

"I would 3-bet PF here with any A, any PP, and probably any two cards over 10."

you forgot about Q7o [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

PS: nice hand to pick, this is the one I would have picked too

edit: IMO the river question from my viewpoint is whether or not to value bet. I don't think scotty is folding a better hand here ever.

scotty34 12-12-2005 09:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"I would 3-bet PF here with any A, any PP, and probably any two cards over 10."

you forgot about Q7o [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

PS: nice hand to pick, this is the one I would have picked too

edit: IMO the river question from my viewpoint is whether or not to value bet. I don't think scotty is folding a better hand here ever.

[/ QUOTE ]

haha, I thought we weren't going to bring up that Q7o [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

when you bet, am I going to call a worse hand ever?

jba 12-12-2005 09:11 PM

"when you bet, am I going to call a worse hand ever? "

I would not have been shocked to have it go bet/call and have you show down a pair of threes.

Roy6 12-12-2005 09:14 PM

Postflop I like both sides, but I don't get the SB openraise against TAG with this crap at 1/3 blinds.

12-12-2005 09:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
when you bet, am I going to call a worse hand ever? "

I would not have been shocked to have it go bet/call and have you show down a pair of threes.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's my thinking, too. Or a stubborn AK/AQ, if he put you on the busted straight draw but no the pair. I like bet/folding this river a lot.