Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Bank Machines (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=295487)

Stuey 07-18-2005 06:31 PM

Bank Machines

I have a bank machine in a business I own and operate. I have to reload it with money and keep track of all the transactions.

Now a few odd things have been happening.

1. In the last year I have found $20 left on the money dispenser tray on 6 different occasions. The last customer must not have taken all the money he requested. The machine worked properly and the money was in plain sight.

2. The machine charges $2 per transaction. Yes I am a thief and most of that money goes in my pocket. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] But I am amazed at how many people use the machine. There are 4 banks with bank machines in them within a 1/2 block of my store. They charge much less, even free if it is your branch, for each transaction. Yet it is not rare to see people come and withdraw $20 each time up to 3 times in one day! They pay me 6$ to get 60$ of their money. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

3. No one has ever complained. I don't know if they even know about the service charge. And no one has come back and said the machine didn't give them enough money. And I know some people have gotten ripped off. I can only imagine how many times someone besides me has found money left in the machine.

So answer me some questions
Yes I am a polltard [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Stuey 07-18-2005 07:38 PM

Re: Bank Machines

Have you ever found money left by the previous user of a ATM in the despenser tray?

I am the only one that voted yes. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Mr_J 07-18-2005 07:49 PM

FWIW I put up with a $4 fee every time I transfer money to my neteller debit card and get it from the atm. Usually I just do it around once a week. The $4 doesn't bother me, that's like an extra 2 hands of poker.

MrWookie47 07-18-2005 08:09 PM

I'd pay a $2 fee if it was the only ATM around. ATMs in like Disneyland and other theme parks, etc., where people aren't leaving before the end of the day really gank you - $2.50+. Usually, I'd just plan ahead, but if it's the only ATM around and I need the cash, so be it.

Stuey 07-18-2005 08:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd pay a $2 fee if it was the only ATM around. ATMs in like Disneyland and other theme parks, etc., where people aren't leaving before the end of the day really gank you - $2.50+. Usually, I'd just plan ahead, but if it's the only ATM around and I need the cash, so be it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yah I guess the reason I am surprised is that people are withdrawing very small amounts and doing it more than once a day. I would think they would take a couple hundred, then the service charge is not a concern.

And if they only take $40 and leave $20 in the tray I really wonder. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Los Feliz Slim 07-18-2005 08:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My wife does dumb [censored] like this all the time

[/ QUOTE ]

nh

Ulysses 07-18-2005 09:04 PM

I've heard that strip club ATMs are known to charge a $9.95 or higher fee and only let you withdraw $200 or $300 at a time.

Duke 07-18-2005 09:15 PM

Does the ATM not let the user know that there is a $2 fee that you're imposing on the transaction? The way you phrase it it's like there's no warning and an invisible charge.

~D

siccjay 07-18-2005 09:53 PM

The $2 is nothing to worry about. It's pretty standard. I've seen as high as $3.

While they are paying you they are also paying their bank one or two dollars.

Rotating Rabbit 07-18-2005 10:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I've heard that strip club ATMs are known to charge a $9.95 or higher fee and only let you withdraw $200 or $300 at a time.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can understand them wanting a large minimum withdrawal, but charging such an excessive fee seems counter intuitive to me. I wonder how many customers who would have withdrawn are put off by the charge. It wouldnt have to be more than a few to make it -ev.