Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   AA - from BB (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=393848)

Throxx 12-07-2005 11:53 PM

AA - from BB

Texas Hold'em $1 NL (real money)

(Anyone know of a hand converter for the new Eurobet?)

Villan had done nothing out of the ordinary.
Never seen him minraise.

SB ($30.80 in chips)
BB Hero ($133.40 in chips)
UTG: ($8 in chips)
UTG+1: ($102.60 in chips)
MP1: ($98.75 in chips)
MP2: ($80.95 in chips)
MP3: ($89.30 in chips)
MP4: ($56.75 in chips)
CO: ($25.80 in chips)
BTN: Villan ($94 in chips)

PRE-FLOP
6 folds, CO (poster) checks, Villan calls $1, SB calls $0.50, Hero bets $5, CO folds, Villan calls $5, SB folds.

FLOP [board cards Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img],3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img],10[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ]
Hero bets $7, Villan bets $14, Hero calls $7.

TURN [board cards Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img],3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img],10[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img],3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ]
Hero checks, Villan bets $10, Hero calls $10.

RIVER [board cards Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img],3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img],10[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img],3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img],5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]]
Hero bets $20, Villan bets $64 and is all-in, Hero folds.

Thought I was beat by a set but
felt weak, i.e river bet too small (did I let KK push me out?), and not quite sure what a better line at the flop would be.

EMcWilliams 12-07-2005 11:56 PM

Re: AA - from BB

Its weird to see villian come alive on a blank, and I think you are facing a queen here and I call. Really only two hands to worry about QQ and TT

DJ Sensei 12-08-2005 01:46 AM

No sir... I don't like it. You waited too long to find out if your hand was good (and still didnt really know).

3-bet the flop (and can fold to a 4-bet push)

or... Lead turn for 2/3 pot (maybe fold to a push)

or... if you're slowing down on the flop and turn, why not just check-call river?

Throxx 12-08-2005 02:38 AM

Any of those look better than my attack.

I wanted to keep the pot small, but sacrificed
knowing where I stood.
Until the very end where I thought that
I would block and Villan ran over me. Ugh!

12-08-2005 03:13 AM

I think u might be up against something like Q 10 suit, it just seems unlikely he'd limp QQ or 10 10 and the raise on the flop makes it look like u are behind. You're representing a monster and he's raising u on teh flop. I would've probably folded the flop but u made ur hand on the turn so u should be happy to get all ur $ in.

wdeadwyler 12-08-2005 03:14 AM

I would c/r turn all in.

italianstang 12-08-2005 03:25 AM

Without re-raising flop you make this hand very difficult on yourself.

Throxx 12-08-2005 04:23 AM

If I reraise the flop to say 30 I fold to a push. If Villan calls (I put him on QQ or TT for a set) then the pot is $80. I have 95 left and Villan has $55. Comes the turn and I....? Check/fold.

So spending $30 on the flop reraise and getting called or reaised all in means I lay down a worse hand. Spreading it out over the turn and river means I have no idea and may have made a mistake in laying down the best hand.

12-08-2005 04:46 AM

Preflop is fine. On the flop I re-raise to $35. If he pushes I'll call him, if he calls the re-raise I push all in on the turn. Can't let KQ or AQ beat your aces here. Also if he got lucky and flopped Q 10 you just beat him with the board pairing on the turn. I would have called the all in. If he has a set he'll show you the better hand.