Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Party 100/200 oesd on the flop (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=332648)

ggbman 09-09-2005 01:00 AM

Re: Party 100/200 oesd on the flop

What so funny about this hand is hero only made 1 mistake. The preflop raise is very bad, i don't care about metagame or whatever, you give up too much equity here. Once it's capped back to him obviously he is calling.

Betting this flop would be terrible, we want people in the hand who will be drawing dead if he hit. This pot is so huge that a lot of very marginal holdings now have "mandatory calldown syndrome" because of this pot size. The chance of hero winning this pot without showing down is about 0%, especially when his opponents can just put him on hearts, thus there is no reason the 3 bet the flop. The turn and river play are fine.

Gabe

pokerstudAA 09-09-2005 01:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What so funny about this hand is hero only made 1 mistake. The preflop raise is very bad, i don't care about metagame or whatever, you give up too much equity here.

[/ QUOTE ]

The preflop mistake is very large. It then compounds itself - making it correct to chase long shot draws. This looks like the most expensive way I can imagine to play 56s - a hand which does not win very often. And from UTG!@&^ Can anyone justify this?

And he is chasing a terrible draw with flush and boat redraws!

Eric P 09-09-2005 02:23 AM

Not to mention there is a four striaght out there and he has the low end, however (if i read it correctly, and i'm tired so i probably didn't) he is against a guy who cold called 4 pre-flop. that guy is either king gamble himself or there is no way in hell he has a jack in his hand. I could see raising with 56s once in a long while for image or whatever, however it just CANNOT be done utg like this in a game with strong aggresive players, this is terrible pre-flop. The rest of the hand plays itself.

ggbman 09-09-2005 02:39 AM

I said the preflop error was huge. His flop draw is good, he has 6 outs to the nuts and 8 to what is almost always the best hand.

stoxtrader 09-09-2005 09:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What so funny about this hand is hero only made 1 mistake. The preflop raise is very bad, i don't care about metagame or whatever, you give up too much equity here. Once it's capped back to him obviously he is calling.

Betting this flop would be terrible, we want people in the hand who will be drawing dead if he hit. This pot is so huge that a lot of very marginal holdings now have "mandatory calldown syndrome" because of this pot size. The chance of hero winning this pot without showing down is about 0%, especially when his opponents can just put him on hearts, thus there is no reason the 3 bet the flop. The turn and river play are fine.

Gabe

[/ QUOTE ]

better than i could have said it.

scdavis0 09-09-2005 04:39 PM

Was hero fireblast1?