Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   River bluff raise (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=359872)

NLSoldier 10-18-2005 12:47 AM

River bluff raise

I raise 88 utg. BB calls. He is very loose and pretty aggressive.

Flop is T94 with 2 clubs.
He bets, I raise, he 3bets, I call.

Turn is 9s.

Bet, Call.

River Ts
Bet, Raise?

wackjob 10-18-2005 12:48 AM

Re: River bluff raise

Unless this guy is prone to folding on a river in this situation I think you are fuxxored and spewing.

scotty34 10-18-2005 12:49 AM

I don't think many players described as "very loose and pretty aggressive" are willing to fold here.

Edit: Why are you white now? I haven't been on here in a day or so, what did I miss?

NLSoldier 10-18-2005 12:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think many players described as "very loose and pretty aggressive" are willing to fold here.

Edit: Why are you white now? I haven't been on here in a day or so, what did I miss?

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you guys reading the board right? My pair of 8s is exempt. But he could have an exempt 4 with a better kicker than 8, missed clubs, QJ, or 67. All of which I think he will fold except A4. Obviously if he has a 9 or T he isnt folding, but what else do you guys put him on that he isnt folding?

Stack 10-18-2005 12:58 AM

He's calling any ace, he may even call a king high, so I don't like the river raise.

If he's been BSing you a lot, why not just call the flop and raise the turn? At that point you still had showdown value and you'd be planning to check behind on most rivers.

10-18-2005 12:59 AM

2 on board pair, ace/king kicker?

fyodor 10-18-2005 01:01 AM

Straight math is you need him to fold 20% or more.
He's getting 10:1 so I think he has an easy call with any Ace. And of course there is a decent chance he has a boat.

I would just fold if I were you.

NLSoldier 10-18-2005 01:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
He's getting 10:1 so I think he has an easy call with any Ace. And of course there is a decent chance he has a boat.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why do all of you guys think he would bet an ace in the first place? IMO most people would check/call an ace.

fyodor 10-18-2005 01:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why do all of you guys think he would bet an ace in the first place? IMO most people would check/call an ace.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
He is very loose and pretty aggressive.

[/ QUOTE ]

ALL1N 10-18-2005 02:21 AM

I like the bluff.

Why raise the flop though??