Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Multi-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Been Caught Stealing...... (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=215679)

JerBear77 03-18-2005 02:50 PM

Been Caught Stealing......

Ok,

First off, thanks to all the posts about punishing Limpers that people have posted, it has really paid off for me....no real big finishes yet but ive been in the money 3 out of my last 10 MTT since ive incorporated these concepts...

However, several times this situation has come up for me.

In MP get something like J6o and raise to steal blind and EP limper and then get a caller all in that would force me to "show" my cards....i know i don't have a chance to win the hand but im getting INSANE pot odds on the call.

Do you guys call that even though it shows you stealing from MP?

Thanks

Potowame 03-18-2005 03:04 PM

Re: Been Caught Stealing......

I think your table image would be damaged far worse by folding to "insane pot odds" vs. showing a steal hand.

Just type in , try to steal the blinds one time and somebody has to have a hand. Last time I try that. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Messy Harry 03-18-2005 03:30 PM

I missed some of the "punishing" posts you referred to. Any links? Thanks.

schwza 03-18-2005 04:30 PM

still call. gear down. (see your other thread).

Bernas 03-18-2005 04:36 PM

Don't try punishing the limpers so often. It's ok to do now and then but not all the time.
Even though I don't limp very often, if I see someone making this play a lot, I will limp in with a monster looking to trap him.

The second part of your question, my answer is yes. Especially if I am the big stack.
I do this not only because of the pot odds, but it also tells people that if they play back at me, I am going to call no matter what I am holding. This makes them less likely to make a play in the future.

schwza 03-18-2005 04:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I do this not only because of the pot odds, but it also tells people that if they play back at me, I am going to call no matter what I am holding

[/ QUOTE ]

it tells them that's true when you're calling T100 to win T2000. so unless they're morons, it tells them nothing.

Soul Daddy 03-18-2005 05:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Don't try punishing the limpers so often. It's ok to do now and then but not all the time.

[/ QUOTE ]
What he said. Also, it is much more effective coming from the button or the blinds.

When I have to show a junk stealing hand, it slows me down for a minute. Maybe the next time I'm in LP with junk I'll pass to show that I don't steal every round. Or I'll just wait to show something big. But like others have said, showing junk isn't nearly as bad as laying down to a small raise.

sloth469 03-18-2005 05:59 PM

...once when I was five.

(sorry couldn't resist, too good a song)