Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   AQ River (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=293176)

Chris Daddy Cool 07-15-2005 01:20 AM

AQ River

40/80 game last night, my first couple of orbits. i've played (and limped) exactly two hands thus far. so at this point i'm probably viewed as a weak/tightish player maybe.

i limp in EMP with A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] folded to an active decent player on the button who raises. (he will do this with a lot of hands to isolate) sb folds. bb folds. I 3-bet. He 4-bets. I 5-bet. He calls.

flop: Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

I bet. He calls.

turn: 7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

I check. He bets. I raise. He 3-bets. I call.

river: A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

???

lil feller 07-15-2005 01:34 AM

Re: AQ River

How aggro is this guy? Is he the sort that would 3 bet with an overpair on the turn? Would he 3 bet w/ A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] on the turn? In my normal game, this 3 bet means a set, no less. Although I don't play well enough to fold top two in a pot this big, i'm not betting out.

However, if the villian is capable of 3betting with the above mentioned hands, I would be inclined to bet/call. You'd hate to give KK a free showdown (although that hand might fold), and I'd rather 1 or 2 bets go in on the river then 2 or 3, after all the strength he's shown.

lf

SaintAces 07-15-2005 01:36 AM

BET

ChewyMint 07-15-2005 01:45 AM

Bet the river and call a raise.

ChewyMint

mc1023 07-15-2005 01:58 AM

I really don't see the point of checking the turn.

only hand that your going to be ahead of that will bet the turn will be AJ or AK or <TT if he's a decent player and has a 4betting hand preflop.

any other hand your behind and your checkraise is just costing you another bet to draw.

I would've bet the turn, called a raise... would've made this hand a lot clearer.

anyhow bet river, call raise!

Justin A 07-15-2005 02:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I really don't see the point of checking the turn.

only hand that your going to be ahead of that will bet the turn will be AJ or AK or <TT if he's a decent player and has a 4betting hand preflop.

any other hand your behind and your checkraise is just costing you another bet to draw.

I would've bet the turn, called a raise... would've made this hand a lot clearer.

anyhow bet river, call raise!

[/ QUOTE ]

Considering CDC's image right now, I think this guy will bet any two cards he holds here. I like the checkraise.

I like a check call on the river.

ggbman 07-15-2005 02:27 AM

If he's decent he has to have JJ here, it would also suck to be shown KT of spades.

flawless_victory 07-15-2005 02:42 AM

where was this game played?
i think you check/call the riv probably, but maybe folding would be extremely expert.

Justin A 07-15-2005 03:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
where was this game played?
i think you check/call the riv probably, but maybe folding would be extremely expert.

[/ QUOTE ]

folding with his image would be extremely bad.

bernie 07-15-2005 03:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If he's decent he has to have JJ here, it would also suck to be shown KT of spades.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd be very suprised if this guy turned over KTs. He isn't 3 betting with that here with a profile of 'decent' player.

b