Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Beginners Questions (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Limit Player moving in to NL. (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=241053)

Willluck 04-27-2005 07:07 PM

Limit Player moving in to NL.

Hi, No Limit has always been my favorite game. I play $10 NL tourneys whenever I am bored and sometimes play the $30 Multitables on Party...anyways...
NL is not exactly my area of expertise and I am wondering what books are good for an advanced Limit player looking to move into the No-Limit ring?
Also what would be a sufficient bankroll for a starting player on Party's $100 NL?

6471849653 04-28-2005 01:33 AM

Re: Limit Player moving in to NL.

I just moved from no-limit back to limit. No-limit was a lot of waiting, leaking blind and limping, and raising, money and then getting few bigger profit situations after hours of grinding, and not always having fair luck of course, but all that leaking before getting there is the hole where that money drops into; didn't find big bet holdem as profitable, and didn't like the lesser technique that's so interesting at limit form.

csuf_gambler 04-28-2005 01:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
No-limit was a lot of waiting, leaking blind and limping, and raising, money and then getting few bigger profit situations after hours of grinding, and not always having fair luck of course

[/ QUOTE ]

hows that different from limit?

SirArthur 04-28-2005 01:48 AM

Check out the Small Stakes NL forum. Maybe even cross post this over there.

About 15 buy ins ($1500) should be a suffient bankroll for PP NL 100 if you aren't a losing player.

Also depends on how many tables you play, and if you play SH or Full, and you're playing style. If you are a nut peddler, you could get by with less buy ins, a LAG would need more. There is also higher variance with SH play, so you may need to go with 20 buy ins.

Just get in there and play, books won't help you much at PP NL 100.

Good Luck...

Ianco15 04-28-2005 02:23 AM

Even if you have a large bankroll, I would recomend playing 25NL first to get a feel for it. Limit and NL are completely different games that require radically different playing strategies. Get used to NL at the low stakes games first. GL.

turnipmonster 04-28-2005 11:18 AM

I would be pretty wary of applying anything you know about playing tournaments to ring games. usually the blinds are worth something in a tournament, in a cash game this isn't the case.

--turnipmonster

Lawrence Ng 04-28-2005 06:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
but all that leaking before getting there is the hole where that money drops into; didn't find big bet holdem as profitable

[/ QUOTE ]

????

Lawrence

Lawrence Ng 04-28-2005 06:17 PM

If you have never played NL before, I would highly recommend you tread in the micro NL games on Stars or UB first to get a decent feel for the game. It is drastically different from limit. Once you feel you've got a decent handle, then you can get into the $100 NL game on Party.

Lawernce

ZBTHorton 04-28-2005 06:24 PM

Read SSHE by Ed Miller.

You'll be good to go.

masonx 04-28-2005 07:08 PM

uhm take your bankroll right now, move it to UB, sit down at the $25/$50NL game and play. or FullTilt, or POkeroom.

should do you good.