Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Multi-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Donkeyfied AA hand (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=401075)

joeboe2001 12-19-2005 06:51 PM

Re: Donkeyfied AA hand

"the statistics prove that AA will hold up against a random hand 85% of the time"

Isn't it more like a little bit over 30%?

illegit 12-19-2005 06:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Isn't it more like a little bit over 30%?

[/ QUOTE ]
WTF? No. Maybe against 9 random hands.

joeboe2001 12-19-2005 06:55 PM

you are right of course--that's what I was thinking of.

betgo 12-19-2005 07:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Wrong. You didn't do this. I never had 50,000 in chips in that tourney what was the screename of the dude you knocked out? I don't go by sngsam on pokerstars.

SAM

[/ QUOTE ]

My read is he is an imposter.

12-20-2005 01:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
PS: Dan Mezick: I'm proud I came in 53rd in a field of 1878. Not bad for 4 months of play. I'm here lurking to learn. But find it a little disconcerting that the words jerk and idiot are used to describe an exchange I had.

[/ QUOTE ]
Why, he's right.

12-20-2005 01:41 PM

I will keep reading on here, lots of great info. I'm going to assume this was the 3.00 + .30 rebuy from Sunday right? Well I played that same tourney on Monday night and finished 9th. Sure I was the first to bust on the final table, but jeez, it was 2:30am and I go to work around 5:30am. I'll do one even better, I'll post the hand history and you can have a whirl seeing what I did the entire run, all 383 hands. You will see that I in fact did get lucky a couple of times but only needed it those 2 or 3 times to begin with. Look for the post later tonight.

-Rich

12-20-2005 02:46 PM

Candyland can have some truly brutal action if you get a few LAGs in the game.

Dan Mezick 12-20-2005 03:39 PM

Certainly your finish is strong (top 3%) and I'd be very pleased with it also. My use of the sharp words were to describe the opponent types that will call your small preflop AA raise-- types that come with just about anything.

[ QUOTE ]
You invite this KJ ("off" for sure) jerk into the pot, why? What's the OBJECTIVE of your 1200 raise? What's your plan?? Apparently, you want to let idiots in cheap. This you accomplish with ease.

[/ QUOTE ]

The way I may play AA here is simply my opinion of the best way to deal with the poker situation as described.

Lets get back to the hand itself.

You can lose very big pots with AA and KK. It has to do with being unable to get away. Tough players can play these hands more creatively because they are 100% capable of making that AA or KK laydown. I know you are new by the way this was played and so I advise to you the straightforward approach.

My opinion of the small raise remains the same-- it is far too small. I see what you try to accomplish-- you want to build a pot. Your ideal scenario is to get one caller. Here you did. In my view you got very lucky more players did not come in light of your very small raise.

My own view of the hand is to push with it here and to not get too greedy with it. I'm not trying to build a pot-- I want to take the blinds down. They represent a large enough percentage of my stack to be nutritious "as is".

A decent alternative would be to bet $3500 or so at the pot to thin the field and still hope for one weak caller who fails to suck out.

Try experimenting with many different ways to play specific hands and tourney scenarios. It can make you much more confident and potentially menacing (and thereby much more effective) at the table.

Good luck to you.

mlagoo 12-20-2005 03:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
PS: Dan Mezick: I'm proud I came in 53rd in a field of 1878. Not bad for 4 months of play. I'm here lurking to learn. But find it a little disconcerting that the words jerk and idiot are used to describe an exchange I had.

[/ QUOTE ]
Why, he's right.

[/ QUOTE ]

why the [censored] would calling a raise with KJ make someone a "jerk"? it might make him a poor poker player, it might make him a great poker player, but it sure as [censored] doesnt say anything about his personality.

also, i would comment on the hand, but the OP is so [censored] up that i don't feel like trying to piece it together. maybe use a hand history next time. or, like durron said, post this in BBV.

12-20-2005 03:58 PM

Why reraise all in? Won't that mostly get called only when you're beat?

Not knowing I'm beat at this point, I'm not trying to force a fold from a worse hand. I'm trying to extract value.

The small bet by the BB looks like a feeler/blocking bet, so I'd make a reraise about 3-4k on this flop. Then another bet of the same amount on the Turn.

I tend to chicken out on the River, but a value bet there might be in order also.

This line might've ended up costing me my whole stack in this case, but seems like it would make more off of hands like KQ, K10, or Q10 that would be inclined to stick around for a bet but not an all in.