Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   A Very Standard Hand (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=335950)

GrunchCan 09-13-2005 02:23 PM

A Very Standard Hand

Hero is UTG with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. Opens for a raise. CO calls. All others fold. We each have 100 BB left.

Flop comes A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. I bet the pot, opponent calls.

Turn comes 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].

You know everything I know. What's my plan?

Induce a bluff? Be wary of the flush? Get value?

Cardinal991 09-13-2005 02:31 PM

Re: A Very Standard Hand

I like to bet about 2/3 pot here. You hate to do it and then get raised and then say "of COURSE he made a flush. Why did I bet?"

Bet anyway.

Malachii 09-13-2005 02:34 PM

Lead for 2/3rds and fold to a raise. He might have a flush, but he could also have a hand like AQ and checking lets him off easily. Also, if he has the Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] you'd be giving him infinite odds if you checked. If he calls that bet, I like leading the river again for 1/2 - 2/3rds the pot and folding to a raise.

vulturesrow 09-13-2005 02:35 PM

Will your opponent bet a scare card? IF so, inducing a bluff might be best. If not I throw in about a half pot bet and go from there. Fold if raised, value bet a non club river and fold to a big raise, check fold a club river unless you have a specific read that their is a good chance Villain will bet a 4 card flush.

TheWorstPlayer 09-13-2005 02:52 PM

2/3 pot, fold to raise.

GrunchCan 09-13-2005 03:01 PM

Seems pretty obvious, now...:)

TheWorstPlayer 09-13-2005 03:19 PM

It's obviously less obvious against opponents who are likely to raise a scare card on the turn without the goods. Those people don't usually play at these levels though. And I would get all excited and jump up on my high horse and explain how I am so great because of course I would raise the turn here without the goods and you better thank your lucky stars you don't play against me yada yada yada but I really never raise here without the goods because no one I play against ever folds top pair here.

kongo_totte 09-13-2005 05:40 PM

I am sorry if I am hijacking this thread but I had a modification of this earlier.

Party NL100 effecive stacks $100, no read.

UTG limps, I make it $5 w/ As Ax in MP, button is only caller.

Flop ($12) Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 players)

I bet $11, he calls

Turn ($34) Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 players)

Hero...?

TheWorstPlayer 09-13-2005 05:47 PM

Check/call. But this is a very different situation where a free card is very VERY unlikely to hurt you.

kongo_totte 09-13-2005 05:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Check/call. But this is a very different situation where a free card is very VERY unlikely to hurt you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Still, if the river is a spade and I get action, I am likely behind.

I think keep being the aggressor is the way to go here, hope had something like a J and was trying a delayed bluff.

How about betting a bit less than 1/2?